Vernier Video Physics
By Vernier Software & Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Video Physics brings automated object tracking and video analysis to iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Capture video of an object in motion, then tap to track automatically. Video Physics instantly creates trajectory, position, and velocity graphs for the object.
Video Physics is perfect for science students and instructors. Perform on-the-go analysis of interesting motion. Measure the velocity of a child's swing, a roller-coaster, or a car. Or, take a video of a basketball free throw shot. Video Physics will display the path of the ball and provide graphs of y vs. x as well as the x and y position and velocity as a function of time.
Features of Video Physics:
• Capture a new video using the built-in camera, choose a video from your Photo Library, or use one of our sample videos
• Track an object automatically or manually add points to the video frame
• Set the scale of the video using an object of known size
• Optionally set coordinate system location and rotation
• View graphs of trajectory and x/y position and velocity
• Export video with points
• Email the video and data for further analysis in Vernier's Logger Pro software for OS X and Windows
• Open data files directly in Vernier's Graphical Analysis app
Quotes from physics teachers:
"Just played with new Vernier video physics app on iPhone - it ROCKS! I remember the day when this would've cost thousands of dollars to do ." Mark Hines @mhines, teacher
"You should check out Vernier's Video Physics app. Students can email video analysis data to Logger Pro; very cool!!" @willkomme, physics teacher
Vernier’s Video Physics app is slick. - Ryan Bretag @ryanbretag, teacher and administrator
App Store featured: Staff Favorite, New and Noteworthy, and What's Hot!
2012 CODiE Awards Finalist - Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device
Hints for taking useful videos:
• Objects that are very different than their background (black/white) work best for automated tracking. It is also helpful to use a background with uniform color and shading. See our sample videos for examples.
• Do not move the camera. Analysis assumes the camera is fixed in position.
• The object in motion should remain approximately in a plane perpendicular to the viewing direction.
• Place an object with known dimensions, such as a meter stick, in the same plane as the motion. Use this to scale the video.
Video Physics is intended for use in science education. The video analysis done in Video Physics provides a useful technique for studying two-dimensional kinematics. You can do even more with Vernier's Graphical Analysis app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch or with Logger Pro software for Mac OS X and Windows.
What's New in Version 3.0.4
• Support for French, Russian and German
• Support for iOS 10
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 15, 2016
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Vernier Software & Technology
- © 2010-2015 Vernier Software & Technology, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.