Exclusive to the Apple App Store, Versus is the most advanced and flexible scorekeeping and tracking app available anywhere. It can be configured to score virtually any and all games that you need it to: Card games, Computer games, Board games or Sports. What you score, and how you score it, is completely up to you.
Versus is perfect for scoring and logging (for example):
- regular board game nights with friends
- a weekly game of tennis or badminton
- the rounds of golf you play
- the games of football that you play
- the games of Fifa that you and your mate play against each other
- the scores of the many sports and games that your child is involved in
- the card games that you have on rainy days
- the board games that you pull out every Christmas
- a fantasy football competition
For all of these scenarios (and for virtually anything else that you can think of), Versus app can be set up to track every point, goal, game, set and match that you want it to.
** Totally flexible scoring options **
Depending on your preference (or the game/sport in question), Versus can be used to keep the score during play or be used to log the scores after the game has finished.
How you use this app is entirely up to you as the possibilities for scoring are endless. For every game that you add to Versus you can:
- Set the score to count up or count down
- Set the winner to be the person with the highest or lowest score
- Change the labels within the app to suit your game (i.e. points, games, lives, goals, shots, strokes, hands etc)
- Choose whether to use +1 and -1 buttons to keep score or whether to use a more flexible approach
- Choose whether you want an in-game timer
- Choose whether you want a 'shot' timer
- Choose whether you would like to use a dice (or two) in your game
- Choose to hide the score in-play (useful for board games)
** View full match history and statistics **
Every match that you score is logged and allows you to drill-down into the details for each (what point was scored when / who had a run of points etc).
You can also see the win ratios for each person involved in each Versus and see at a glance who is the best player. You can also see things like average score and a 'league view'. (Note: A 'Versus' is the pairing of players to a game. An unlimited amount of matches can be scored/tracked for each Versus).
There are also options to view your performance beyond each individual Versus. You can view statistics by Game and by Category too so that you can see how you are performing more generally.
You can also view analysis for each player that you add showing how many Versus they are involved in, how many matches they have played and a full breakdown of their Wins, Draws and Losses.
All of the analysis screens also allow you to filter by date so that you can see how your performances change over time. Available filters are All Time, last 12 months, last 6 months and last month.
** Take Notes **
Via a note taking function you can record comments about any noteworthy points / matches.
** Share your results **
Share your match results via any messaging/social media app directly from inside Versus app. Several of the stats/analysis screens allow you to share too.
** Data Export (Requires IAP) **
Export all of your treasured results to CSV format for safe keeping / archiving or to perform further analysis using excel, numbers or other statistics applications. Data can be exported for each Versus, for all matches, all games or all points depending on the granularity of data that you wish to review. You can also download a spreadsheet for 'league view' which can be shared with those that you play with.
** One-Time In-App purchase **
Versus is totally free to download and use but is limited to creating 2 Versus (though you can have unlimited matches within each Versus).
Unlocking the full app will let you set up unlimited amounts of Versus and allow you to export all match data.
Big update in time for all of your family games over the festive period!!
A much requested feature is now here...
- Enable manual sorting - this new option (available via game settings) allows you to rearrange the order of the players at the start of each new game. This is great for board games etc where you want the order to reflect how people are arranged around the table. As soon as scoring for the game starts then the option to rearrange players will be removed. This option is disabled as default as games that contain only 2 players would not benefit from this (as the starting player in those situations can be set by simply tapping on the player name).
If you appreciate this update then please consider leaving us a rating or review. And keep your feature requests coming.
Happy holidays everyone :)
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent from the start. I knew nothing about the app and in 1 minute, I was ready to start recording players and their records. Thanks
Developer Response ,
Hey - Thanks a lot for your review 😁. Really glad that you are finding it useful.
I love this app. Great for family games around the holidays! Would give it a 5 star if I could re-order the player lists in a game
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for the review. I’ll get that feature added soon!! Edit: It's here....check out v1.6.5!
- Stuart Marshall
- 26.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Stuart Marshall (Shaking the Habitual)
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Versus $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.