Verto Studio 3D
By Verto Studio LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Verto Studio 3D is an innovative, fully-functional 3D modeling and graphics studio designed to rival desktop studio programs. It strives to push the boundaries of what is capable on an iPad and from the users that use it.
The software is designed for all ranges of users, from professional 3D modelers, game developers, to beginners looking to get their feet wet in 3D content generation. Use it to build quick 3D mockups or fully functional environments for mobile applications. Verto Studio is an ideal solution for mobile 3D content generation because it bridges the gap between design and mobile testing. It supports importing, exporting, viewing and editing 3D models of any size. Use the built-in shaders or the GLSL shader editor to create your own shader effects with absolute precision.
With use of the "auto tool", the user can intuitively gesture using taps, swipes, pinches and twirls to quickly alter the scene as they see fit.
Verto Studio 2.0 has a completely overhauled graphics engine and shader system rewritten from the ground up!
Verto Studio includes the following features:
- Built-in shaders including reflection/refraction environment mapping, BRDF, bump-mapping and more!
- Built-in glsl shader-editor.
- Render pipeline editor for multipass & post-processing effects with built-in blending operators
- Editing transform handles for translate/rotate/scale tools
- Instances (duplicate many, edit once)
- File import/export (DAE, OBJ, STL, .X, 3DS) and more!
- Verto Studio file format support and exchange via email
- Dropbox import of Verto Studio and OBJ files
- Mesh generation using quads and triangular faces
- Image rendering support
-- 3D Text complete with font selection and built-extrusion.
-- 3D shapes with built-in shape editor and SVG importer.
-- Terrain generator (height field)
-- 3D Sketch tool
-- Skybox type
-- Cubemap renderer type to live-generate environment maps.
- 64-bit support
- Mesh Augmentation
-- Polygon extrusion
-- Polygon subdivision
-- Copy and paste between scene documents
-- Texture coordinate editor
- Editing features
-- Vertex Translation/Rotation/Scaling
-- Material editor
--- Semi-transparency support.
-- Texture mapping
-- Texture coordinate editing
-- Laplacian smooth
-- Mesh separation
-- Camera to texture (ipad 2)
-- Lighting editor
- Multiple camera modes (top, bottom, left, right, front, back, free)
- Simultaneous camera view with 4-view split screen.
- Orthographic projection mode for engineering and CAD applications
- Advanced camera controls for FOV angle and near and far plane manipulation
- "Fly through" mode. Fly through the scene in full screen using FPS-game-style controls.
-- Gyro motion view. In "fly through mode", tap the gyro button to use your iPad as a virtual window into the scene, changing the vantage point as you hold the iPad a different angles.
- Fully supports the retina display of the new iPad for maximized screen real-estate usage.
- New built-in cubemaps (preset environment maps)
What's New in Version 2.1.0
Introducing Verto Studio Cloud, a way to instantly share your Verto Studio scenes to the web, viewable from any modern web browser!
Also new in this version:
- Added a new Shape Editor which supports bezier curves, grid snapping, and SVG import.
- Added Import for the following formats: Collada ( .dae ), Blender 3D ( .blend ), 3ds Max 3DS ( .3ds ), 3ds Max, ASE ( .ase ), Wavefront Object ( .obj ), Stanford Polygon Library ( .ply ), AutoCAD DXF ( .dxf ), LightWave ( .lwo ), Modo ( .lxo ), Stereolithography ( .stl ), AC3D ( .ac ), Milkshape 3D ( .ms3d ), TrueSpace ( .cob,.scn ), Valve Model ( .smd,.vta ), Quake I Mesh ( .mdl ), Quake II Mesh ( .md2 ), Quake III Mesh ( .md3 ), Quake III BSP ( .pk3 ), Return to Castle Wolfenstein ( .mdc ), Doom 3 ( .md5* ), Biovision BVH ( .bvh ), CharacterStudio Motion ( .csm ), DirectX X ( .x ), BlitzBasic 3D ( .b3d ), Quick3D ( .q3d,.q3s ), Ogre XML ( .mesh.xml ), Irrlicht Mesh ( .irrmesh ), Irrlicht Scene ( .irr ), Neutral File Format ( .nff ), Sense8 WorldToolKit ( .nff ), Object File Format ( .off ), PovRAY Raw ( .raw ), Terragen Terrain ( .ter ), 3D GameStudio ( .mdl ), 3D GameStudio Terrain ( .hmp ), Izware Nendo ( .ndo )
- Lots of bug fixes
Pretty amazing really
That this developer has created a functioning 3D modeler is amazing. It's the only one of its kind on the AppStore, there isn't anything else like it out now. It does crash sometimes, but it auto saves pretty well, so you don't lose much time when it happens.
Great Job and thanks for keeping the updates coming.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 15, 2015
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 45.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean
- Seller: Verto Studio LLC
- © 2014 Michael L. Farrell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.