Verto Studio 3D is an innovative, fully-functional 3D modeling program designed to rival over-complicated studio modeling programs. It strives to push the boundaries of what is capable on the mac while retaining as simplistic of an interface as possible.
The software is designed for all ranges of users, from professional 3D modelers, to beginners looking to get their feet wet in 3D content generation. Use it to build quick 3D mockups or fully functional environments for mobile applications. Verto Studio is an ideal solution for mobile 3D content generation because it bridges the gap between design and mobile 3D content generation.
With use of the "auto tool", the user can intuitively gesture using taps, swipes, pinches and twirls to quickly alter the scene as they see fit.
Let Verto be your launchpad into mobile 3D by easily importing models of any size and effortlessly exporting them for display on the iPad and iPhone mobile devices.
Verto Studio includes the following features:
- Import for the following formats: FBX, Collada ( .dae ), Blender 3D ( .blend ), 3ds Max 3DS ( .3ds ), 3ds Max, ASE ( .ase ), Wavefront Object ( .obj ), Stanford Polygon Library ( .ply ), AutoCAD DXF ( .dxf ), LightWave ( .lwo ), Modo ( .lxo ), Stereolithography ( .stl ), AC3D ( .ac ), Milkshape 3D ( .ms3d ), TrueSpace ( .cob,.scn ), Valve Model ( .smd,.vta ), Quake I Mesh ( .mdl ), Quake II Mesh ( .md2 ), Quake III Mesh ( .md3 ), Quake III BSP ( .pk3 ), Return to Castle Wolfenstein ( .mdc ), Doom 3 ( .md5* ), Biovision BVH ( .bvh ), CharacterStudio Motion ( .csm ), DirectX X ( .x ), BlitzBasic 3D ( .b3d ), Quick3D ( .q3d,.q3s ), Ogre XML ( .mesh.xml ), Irrlicht Mesh ( .irrmesh ), Irrlicht Scene ( .irr ), Neutral File Format ( .nff ), Sense8 WorldToolKit ( .nff ), Object File Format ( .off ), PovRAY Raw ( .raw ), Terragen Terrain ( .ter ), 3D GameStudio ( .mdl ), 3D GameStudio Terrain ( .hmp ), Izware Nendo ( .ndo )
- Export to Collada/dae, STL, PLY, and OBJ formats!
- Multi-touch support for rotate and pinch gestures for editing.
- Verto Studio mobile file format support and exchange via email
- Mesh generation
- Image rendering support
-- Terrain generator (height field)
-- 3D Sketch tool
- Mesh Augmentation
-- Polycount reduction (decimation)
-- Polygon extrusion
-- Polygon subdivision
-- Texture coordinate editor
- Editing features
-- Vertex Translation/Rotation/Scaling
-- Material editor
-- Texture mapping
-- Texture coordinate editing
-- Laplacian smooth
-- Camera to texture (ipad 2)
-- Lighting editor
- Multiple camera modes (top, bottom, left, right, front, back, free)
- Simultaneous camera view with 4-view split screen.
- Orthographic projection mode for engineering and CAD applications
- Scene append to merge scenes together.
- Lots of built-in shaders including bump mapping and environment mapping.
- Built in glsl shader-editor supporting vertex, geometry and fragment shaders.
- Wysiwyg render pipeline editor for multipass & post-processing effects with built-in blending operators
- Skybox support
- Cubemap renderer type to live-generate environment maps.
- Built-in cubemaps (preset environment maps)
- 3D Text primitive type
- Added CSG feature to Mac
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use and gets the job done!
I love this application. It’s very simple and intuitive. You can begin making 3d models very quickly compared to some of the bigger 3d programs. Great for beginners and those who only need to do occasional modeling.
I Like it! Swiping around on the mac takes some getting used to instead of the iPad where you can pinch and stuff. The cartoon shader is cool too.
Unable to Export 3D files
On the Mac, I can't export files to STL, etc. Preferences won't open.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.