Very Hungry Caterpillar Shapes
By StoryToys Entertainment Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The first in a series of innovative educational apps featuring Eric Carle’s much-loved character, The Very Hungry Caterpillar™, this magical learning adventure introduces preschoolers to shapes and colors.
You’ll love seeing your kids develop their reasoning skills – they'll love solving puzzles, exploring a beautiful 3D playground and having fun with The Very Hungry Caterpillar™.
When puzzles are completed, there are delightful and surprising interactions: watch as The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ floats away with a balloon, flowers magically grow, mechanical toys whirr into action, and hidden doorways open up for the Very Hungry Caterpillar to crawl into!
Prepare to be amazed: your toddlers are a lot smarter than you might imagine!
Over 50 puzzles in six categories increase with difficulty to keep kids engaged and excited. They'll learn how to:
• Recognise basic and advanced shapes
• Sort and match shapes with similar colors
• Compare light and dark shades
• Identify patterns and sequences
• Order shapes by size
• Combine shapes to complete pictures
• Developed in line with the US Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework
• Encourages logical thinking and math skills through comparing, sorting, identifying sizes and patterns
• Tapping and dragging strengthens fine motor skills
• Kids interact with a wide range of colors and shapes
The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ – Shapes & Colors is part of the StoryToys Jr. line. Designed for preschoolers, the app is a follow-up to the global bestseller My Very Hungry Caterpillar™:
* Kidscreen 2016 Award
* Winner of the 2015 Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award *
* The #1 Kids app in over 30 countries *
* Children's Technology Review, Top 10 Essential Apps for a Child’s First iPad *
* Tech With Kids Best Pick App Award *
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Love our app? Please help us out and take a moment to review it on the App Store!
My son loves it but...
My son is 21 months and just discovered this app! He can get pretty far all on his own through the different levels! He would happily play for hours if we let him (we don't, though, I promise 😉)
The only problem is, occasionally a piece will get "stuck" and we have to reset the entire game and he has to start back at the beginning again. I'm not sure what causes a piece to freeze, but it happens fairly regularly.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 11, 2017
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- © StoryToys Ltd, 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.