By AstraPaging Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
VesselFinder is the most popular vessel tracking app, providing real-time data on the positions and movements of vessels, utilising a large network of terrestrial AIS receivers.
VesselFinder Pro features include:
- Real time tracking of over 100,000 ships every day
- Ship search by Name, IMO number or MMSI number
- Ship movement history - follow the track of each vessel for the past 7 days
- Ship details - name, flag, type, IMO, MMSI, destination, ETA, draught, course, speed, gross tonnage, year of built, size
- My Fleet - add your favourite vessels to "My Fleet" list. It is synced with VesselFinder.com, so any change of vessels in My Fleet list will reflect on either the mobile App or the website.
- Filter vessels on map according to their type
- Ship photos contributed by VesselFinder users
- Simple and Detailed map type
Coverage - near-shore coverage, same as the web-based application VesselFinder.com and the Free version of VesselFinder available at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vesselfinder-free/id918080862?mt=8
If you experience any problem with the App, please fill this form to contact us http://www.vesselfinder.com/contact instead of writing a review here. We will do our best to solve it. Thanks!
Visibility of vessels in the App depends on AIS signal availability. If a particular vessel is out of our AIS coverage zone, VesselFinder displays her last reported position and updates it as soon as the vessel comes into range. Completeness and accuracy of the information provided cannot be guaranteed.
Connect with VesselFinder
- on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vesselfinder
- on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/vesselfinder
For any help and support, please visit the VesselFinder forum: http://forum.vesselfinder.com/forum/6-vesselfinder/
What's New in Version 2.8
* Fixed app crash when removing vessel from My Fleet
Would be good only if ship reports AIS data. This pushes you into a position wether or not if you want to pay a monthly fee to get satellite positioning, which would be real time.
Paid the $10 but it only showed boats in port. Cargo ship I was tracking left port and still in same position off coast of Australia when I know it is almost in china. "Way over priced". Cargo ship is 2 days away from china and has been at sea over 10 days.
In addition, it keeps dropping my ships and I have to re-search.
Not sure on dynamics but perhaps ship needs to relay positions. I don't need to pay $10 for that info. Their website shows the same. Other websites from other apps show different but still the same problem. Not sure y two different apps show different positions.
Plenty of free sites that give me the same info.
I tried to email the company but got server error from their website.
$10 was a lot to pay for nothing. Garbage....
Save your money and time!
Lame, inconsistent service. Paid for their "upgraded" service and its garbage. Site goes down, saved vessels dissapear from account...i recommend to go elsewhere 👎
Save your $ and go with the free app
If it has Satellite AIS position updates, I’m not seeing it. Don’t waste your money.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 07, 2017
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ASTRA PAGING LTD
- © 2017 Astra Paging Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.