Used by Kendall Jenner, Snoop Dogg, Khloe Kardashian, Victoria Beckham, Wiz Khalifa, BTS, Die Antwoord, Philip Bloom and featured on SNL (S41E01) and in countless TV shows and music videos!
Covered by WIRED, TechCrunch, Mashable, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, TMZ and many, many others!
App of the Day for Friday, Dec 22, 2017
It's 1984, and you've got a VHS camcorder! It'll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking retro videos to friends. They'll swear you built a time machine: "OMG, how'd you shoot that?"
With VHS Camcorder, you'll make videos that look and sound like real retro video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create flashing cheesy custom titles, glitch up the picture by shaking your device and use the zoom lens feature to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
"That's freakin' amazing!" -Everyone
Here's Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create VHS-style retro videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• The only VHS cam app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Make your kids' incredibly boring school plays actually rad
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• Pretend like you lived through the rad 1980s using our app!
What VHS Camcorder Can Do:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST VHS app for simulating the glitches of old videotape recordings
• Import videos from other apps to give them the VHS treatment
• Glitch the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Change the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
• Create custom F*L*A*S*H*I*N*G titles for the ultimate in on-screen cheese
• Phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Don't think we forgot to make things sound retro terrible (we didn't)
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• Share videos you shot with VHS Camcorder to Instagram, Facebook and YouTube using Camera Roll
• Choose your frame rate: 24, 25 or 30
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Copyright © 2015-2019 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
We're always improving the world's best VHS cam app for rad glitch and retro effects!
This release includes:
• Portrait recording now works with both cameras
• New red, green and blue filters
• Swipe left/right to change filters! Works while recording, too!
• Some bug fixes... and they're pretty nerdy so we'll spare you the boredom
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome App!..Just a Few, Minor Things.
This app is amazing, I use it a lot! I love it a lot. There are some little fixes I suggest. Well, for starters, it would be awesome it have the little multicolored interference like some other users have said to make it look more 80s. I also think the font/date should be a but more 80s as well. You can kinda tell it’s fake. Other than that, this app is awesome.
I also need help with something else. Some might find this easy to fix, but I’m not good with app updates or anything, heh.😂 But I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me why my phone isn’t updating for the app. I will go to menu and I will press the “Tap here to have full update!” Or whatever it says. So I’ll click on it but it just brings me back to the AppStore and the app. I’ll go to my little update section and it won’t say the VHS Cam needs to be updated. I’ve done all that I can to try to figure it out. I’ll go to settings, I’ll look in the VHS Camcorder settings, but I can’t seem to find out how to update it. I’m afraid I’m over thinking all of it or it has to do with my phone. I have an iPhone 6s if that has something to do with it.. I would absolutely love to have all the filters, mess with the date, and be able to film longer. May anyone help me?
Note that most of the reviews are from 2 years ago when the app was in its early stages. Now this app has use of the flashlight, there are 3 filters (none, retrocolor, b&w, and nuclear[which is my favorite]) and the resolution options are 480, 720, and 1080p with 24,25 and 60fps. there is also now an option for random tape dropouts which is great. A few people are talking about making it so you can play music while recording so you dont have “a quiet video, or have to just talk...” Id just like to say that this app looks very authentic and you couldnt play music on your camcorder back then! lol i also think its very unnecessary. also importing videos into the app seems like a cool idea but also, ehh, you dont really need to guys, record what you want to with the app! theres no reason this app shouldnt have 5 stars across the board!
Amazing Retro App!
From it’s 80s purple/blue aesthetic to its videotape recorder button styles, VHS Camcorder nails the perfect time machine into the past of video recording while still maintaining cutting edge videotaping resolutions. It’s everything that any true retro video fan would love, from silly titles to spoofing the date, with multivariable grain levels, filters, and frame dropping. With its function to run up to 1080p at 30fps, it still retains clean and modern video resolutions as well as the option to upload and convert previous videos, a huge plus for this app. However a few changes could be implemented, such as the addition of different filters, more aesthetic control, as well as options to make the video worse or to include more static. Otherwise this app is absolutely amazing, completely worth the money, and serves as an excellent point of true 80s nostalgia
- Rarevision LLC
- 14.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 Rarevision LLC. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.