Used by Kendall Jenner, Wiz Khalifa, Victoria Beckham, Die Antwoord, Philip Bloom and featured on SNL (S41E01) and in countless music videos!
Reviewed by WIRED, TechCrunch, Mashable, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, and many, many others.
App Store App of the Day for Fri, Dec 22, 2017
It's 1984, and you've got a camcorder! It'll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking videos to friends. They'll swear you built a time machine: "OMG, how'd you shoot that?"
With VHS Camcorder, you'll make home movies that look and sound like video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create flashing cheesy custom titles, mess up the picture by shaking your device and use the zoom lens feature to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
"That's freakin' amazing!" -Everyone
Here's Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• The only app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Make your kids' incredibly boring school plays actually watchable
And Also Because of This:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST app for simulating old videotape recordings
• Change the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
• Create custom F*L*A*S*H*I*N*G titles for the ultimate in on-screen cheese
• Phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Mess up the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Don't think we forgot to make things sound bad--we didn't
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• Easily share videos from within the app or through Camera Roll
• Built-in clip viewer for playing back, deleting and sharing clips
• Choose your frame rate: 24, 25 or 30
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Copyright © 2015-2018 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
• Updated interface for iPhone X
• Fixed import problem with some videos
Ratings and Reviews
Make videos the old-school way.
Awesome App!..Just a Few, Minor Things.
This app is amazing, I use it a lot! I love it a lot. There are some little fixes I suggest. Well, for starters, it would be awesome it have the little multicolored interference like some other users have said to make it look more 80s. I also think the font/date should be a but more 80s as well. You can kinda tell it’s fake. Other than that, this app is awesome.
I also need help with something else. Some might find this easy to fix, but I’m not good with app updates or anything, heh.😂 But I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me why my phone isn’t updating for the app. I will go to menu and I will press the “Tap here to have full update!” Or whatever it says. So I’ll click on it but it just brings me back to the AppStore and the app. I’ll go to my little update section and it won’t say the VHS Cam needs to be updated. I’ve done all that I can to try to figure it out. I’ll go to settings, I’ll look in the VHS Camcorder settings, but I can’t seem to find out how to update it. I’m afraid I’m over thinking all of it or it has to do with my phone. I have an iPhone 6s if that has something to do with it.. I would absolutely love to have all the filters, mess with the date, and be able to film longer. May anyone help me?
Note that most of the reviews are from 2 years ago when the app was in its early stages. Now this app has use of the flashlight, there are 3 filters (none, retrocolor, b&w, and nuclear[which is my favorite]) and the resolution options are 480, 720, and 1080p with 24,25 and 60fps. there is also now an option for random tape dropouts which is great. A few people are talking about making it so you can play music while recording so you dont have “a quiet video, or have to just talk...” Id just like to say that this app looks very authentic and you couldnt play music on your camcorder back then! lol i also think its very unnecessary. also importing videos into the app seems like a cool idea but also, ehh, you dont really need to guys, record what you want to with the app! theres no reason this app shouldnt have 5 stars across the board!
- Rarevision LLC
- 11.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Rarevision LLC. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.