This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
THE ORIGINAL VHS APP! It's 1984, and you've got a camcorder! It'll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking videos to friends. They'll swear you built a time machine: "OMG, how'd you shoot that?"
Reviewed by WIRED, TechCrunch, Mashable, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, and many, many others!
With VHS Camcorder, you'll make home movies that look and sound like video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create flashing cheesy custom titles, mess up the picture by shaking your device and use the zoom lens feature to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
"That's freakin' amazing!" -Everyone
Here's Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• The only app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Make your kids' incredibly boring school plays actually watchable
And Also Because of This:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST app for simulating old videotape recordings
• Change the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
• Create custom F*L*A*S*H*I*N*G titles for the ultimate in on-screen cheese
• Phony zoom lens feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Mess up the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Don't think we forgot to make things sound bad--we didn't
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• Easily share videos from within the app or through Camera Roll
• Built-in clip viewer for playing back, deleting and sharing clips
• Choose your frame rate: 24, 25 or 30
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Copyright © 2015-2016 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.2.4
• Improvements to the VHS effect (you'll like it)
• Updated selfie camera to use mirrored picture orientation
• Selfie camera now shoots HD (if your device supports it)
• Improved finger tracking control
• Date spoof input now works better
• Improved audio sync
• Fixed recording problem when device storage almost full
Great! Needs work though..
VHS Camcorder is truly a necessity for all videographers like me, and I highly recommend this app to people looking for authenticity in a camera app that captures film as a VHS were to in the good ol' 90s.
Here are some things that I would integrate into the app to improve it:
1) Add more filters!
Try adding a few filters with more saturation, maybe one with adjustable chroma distortion, and another one with color grain warps at the bottom of the screen.
2) Make it so importing is possible!
I'm sure there are many people out there requesting the same feature to import videos from their devices' camera roll.
3) Allow more dates!
I'm really puzzled why the oldest custom date you can choose is March 1, 1983. I mean, just make it so it's January 1st 1980.
4) Add more glitch effects!
Chroma glitches, different grains and warps, anything to open up more possibilities and make the app more customizable would be amazing. Please, if you are considering this in the future, add a good array of effects, not just 1 or 2.
5) Make the intensity of the VHS hum/buzz ambience adjustable!
This is pretty self explanatory.
6) Be creative!
I know there is a creative team of people behind the app, but I really want to see more, which is why I and so much more people want to see this app updated.
Import videos, toggle "PLAY" text, more editing
This is a neat, high quality app. I would love to be able to import video clips that I've recorded through the native camera app and/or import video clips I've exported from video editing apps. I would use the app a lot more with that feature. I also think it would be great if we could toggle the "PLAY" text that appears at the beginning of recording a clip on or off. That would make it easier to splice different clips within the app rather than using another app. Maybe go a step further and add a solid blue screen with the word "PLAY." Adding an option to simulate tape tracking with the "TRACKING" text and bar along with some controllable distortion would also be great, if possible! These features would definitely elevate this app to the next level.
Seriously do not waste your time with other similar apps because this is the one! I literally wasted my time and money at purchasing other apps that were similar but ended up just being crap because they weren't working properly. Mainly my problem with other apps like this was that even after I paid to have the ads removed they continue to stay on whatever I recorded. No issues whatsoever with this app and loving whatever improvements they have recently made.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 22, 2017
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 16.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rarevision LLC
- © 2013-2016 Rarevision LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.