By Viber Media SARL.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Viber, everyone in the world can connect. Freely. More than 606 million Viber users text, make HD-quality phone and video calls, and send photo and video messages worldwide over Wifi or 3G - for free.* You can create group messages with up to 200 participants. Viber Out credits can be used to make calls to non-Viber mobile and landline numbers at low rates. Viber is available for many smartphones and platforms.
On Viber, your phone number is your ID. The app syncs with your mobile contact list automatically detecting which of your contacts have Viber.
• Message your friends
• Make free phone and video calls with HD sound quality
• Share photos, videos, voice messages, locations, stickers and emoticons
• Download stickers and animated stickers from the Sticker Market to make messaging fun!
• Create group messages with up to 200 participants; manage your group chats as an Admin, editing info and deleting participants.
• Follow Public Chats – get on the inside with your favourite celebs, brands and personalities; watch their conversations unfold in real-time, ‘like’ comments and share multi-media content
• Play games with Viber characters, Violet and Legcat; see how many coins you can earn
• Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a call or message, even when Viber is off
• Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows, Mac, Linux and Windows 8
• Full iPad support – enjoy all of Viber’s features on your iPad
Localized to: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (SP), Chinese (TR), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Portuguese (PT), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese
Viber is completely free with no advertising.
We value your privacy.
Follow us for updates and news:
Facebook - http://facebook.com/viber
Twitter - http://twitter.com/viber
(*) Network data charges may apply
What's New in Version 5.5.1
Improved spam handling
More bugs than ever
I've been using Viber for 5 years going back to an iPod 2nd generation. It's always been a little buggy, but was much better than other options. iMessage doesn't exist for that iPod.
Since its been around longer than most SMS apps you'd expect the bugs to lessen with each version especially since it's frequently undated.
Many threads have the wrong names and icons attached to them now. One contact is on 5 threads including Viber's. A few days earlier it was a different contact. I've seen icons and names change as I'm watching. I have made no changes in the native Contacts.
The last several texts I received are in the wrong threads.
Badges don't disappear on the threads or app icon after threads are opened.
iPhone 5, iOS 8.3, Viber 5.5.1.
Most importantly for Viber is most of my Viber contacts have moved on to other similar apps so I have fewer people I can use Viber with since its not only my opinion of Viber that counts.
Please concentrate on fixing Viber rather than adding more stickers. Stickers may raise revenue, but only if people are still using Viber. Not if they're using another app or delete Viber. Most of my Viber contacts have asked me to use other SMS apps.
Love it but...
I love this app. I like how it gives you unlimited texting and calling, but there two things that are annoying. First it's that when I get full wifi signal and I try to call my friend but he has good wifi connection, it will say poor connection. It could be my neighbor and it will say poor connection. The second thing is that when it says busy, but the person who I try to call is doing nothing on his phone, or how it will say during a call, "Hold" then it will say that person is in another call. I know it's a free app with free texting and calling but I mean come on viber... Please have these fixed and then I will rate 5 stars.
Keeps Me Connected!
Firstly, I have been an avid user of Viber for a good little while and I must say, it's amazing that I can call other Viber users all over the world for FREE. Does it have glitches...yes...Is there the occasional dropped call, conversation cliffhangers when at a crucial point in the story...I'm left hanging when suddenly all is silent from being disconnected...yes and yes, (hence the subtraction of 1 star) but overall I still love this App because when it works it's great, clarity is great, no static when the connection is good and I get to call my family overseas and get all the Goss for FREE.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 25, 2015
- Version: 5.5.1
- Size: 84.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Viber Media SARL.
- © Viber Media S.à r.l.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Viber credit pack$4.99
- Viber credit pack$0.99
- Viber credit pack$9.99
- Love Is All You Need$1.99
- Despicable Me Sticker Pack$1.99
- Bigli Migli Sticker Pack$1.99
- Young Love Sticker Pack$1.99
- Minions Movie Sticker Pack$1.99
- Love Sticker Pack$1.99
- Mickey Mouse Sticker Pack$1.99