Forget everything you thought you knew - this is the new world of VICE.
The brand new VICE app brings the diverse, immense, ground-breaking world of VICE together in one place. We’re changing the way people think about culture, crime, technology, art, sex, music, fashion, sports, and more.
With dozens of new, original articles and videos every day, VICE delivers everything you want to know that the mainstream media is too afraid to tell you.
• Must-Read: the best stories from all of VICE, hand-picked by our editors
• Latest Articles: the very latest in news, culture, music, food, tech and more
• Watch: all the shows and documentaries from your favorite hosts, like Shane Smith, Kim Taylor Bennett, Thomas Morton, Krishna Andavolu, and others
• Explore: every story and video from all your favorite channels like Munchies, Motherboard, and VICE News in the Explore tab
In this release, we've fixed Read Popular not refreshing. Finally, right?
We love your feedback so let us know if you find anything we need to address at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Love Vice, don't love the app
Okay so I LOVE Vice. I obsessively check this app and I love reading everything on it. Probably my favorite news source. HOWEVER, there is a lot of stuff wrong with the app. One thing that really bothers me is that images and embedded tweets NEVER load, which can make a story confusing if the image/tweet was essential to the readers' understanding. I also wish there was a search bar so I could search for specific things without having to go to the website. Another issue that I've been having a lot is that every time I leave the app and then come back, the app freezes and I have to close it and then come back and then I lose my place in whatever I was reading, but I'm not sure if that's a widespread problem or just an issue for me.
Desperately need another update
The new version of the app is almost unusable. It seems like the Vice app always had issues with embedded items like photos, videos, and social media content loading correctly inside articles, but the newest update appears to have fixed most of that. (Mostly.) Unfortunately, now the “Popular” tab fails to load more than two stories. The “Latest” tab usually works. (Usually.) The redesign is definitely not visually appealing. A step backwards from the old layout and design hierarchy. The lack of functionality and the lackluster design is disappointing because the content is usually worthwhile. Maybe on the next update? I’m hopeful.
Developer Response ,
Hi Ohwhocaresstop - we just released an update 2.2.6 which should fix the Read Popular issue. Sorry about that!
Nice content but needs update for iPhone
I like the app, and I've been using it for a year or two now. There is one thing that frustrates me. I'm not sure about other devices, but on iPhone, about 80% of the images contained in all of the articles are blank. It is really dissatisfying particularly when a majority of an article's content revolves around its images.
For the extended amount of time I've been using your app, I've always expected an update to fix this issue. As I sit here and wait, I figured ought to at least bring it to your attention.
- VICE Media Inc.
- 284.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © Vice Media Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.