Video 2 Photo - extract still pictures from movies
By Francis Bonnin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Video 2 Photo allows you to export one or more high quality photos from your videos in a quick, fun and original way.
Why would you do that?
* Sometimes you hesitate between taking a photo or a video. Take a video! thanks to 'Video 2 Photo' you can now extract from your video as many images as you like!
* You have inadvertently recorded a video when you wanted to take a picture. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can finally recover photos from this video.
* Taking 'The' good picture of an object, animal or person that moves is almost impossible. With 'Video 2 Photo' this becomes feasible.
* Taking a picture of yourself is always difficult. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can choose exactly the right image that suits you best.
* Choose a representative picture of your best videos and put it as wallpaper or print it in order to have it always with you.
* Have fun watching your favorite movies frame by frame and find the little detail that you had never seen before.
Videos can be imported from your device.
Events and Albums are recognized.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
The camera can be used directly to record a video in order to extract the images quickly thereafter.
An animated and original interface allows you to precisely select a picture from all the ones contained in the video.
It is also possible to view the video (possibly in full screen) and to directly target a specific time.
Once the image is selected, you will be able to view it (possibly in full screen), to eventually crop it (keeping the most interesting part of it) and to export it (to PNG or JPEG files) in different ways:
- archive it in the camera roll of your iDevice
- send it by email
- retrieve it via iTunes file sharing
- copy it (and thus paste it into other applications)
- print it
- open it directly in another application supporting image import.
- and even send it as a tweet or to facebook !
HD Images exported using Video 2 Photo have the highest possible resolution and quality.
Their resolution being the exact same one than the videos they are extracted from (a 1920 x 1080 video will produce 1920 x 1080 images)
If needed, some power user settings, located in the settings application, allows to change some parameters like the output file format (png/jpeg), the associated meta-data, and some behaviors of the application.
This application can run, on your iPhone and your iPad, as a standalone application, or as an Action Extension (from the compatible applications like the Photo app).
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
What's New in Version 1.8
* Fix : Improved stability of the application.
* New : Action Extension. It is now possible to extract your photos from a video, directly inside another application (like the Photo app).
* New : Buttons added to jump to the next or the previous frame, for ultra precise selection. During video playback, jump to the next or previous 2 seconds.
* New : Option added (in the Settings app) to keep the defined cropped area from one image selected to another, in the same video.
* New : Option added (in the Settings app) to add a timestamp HH:MM:SSS overlay on the bottom right part of the image to find where the frame was located in the original video.
* Fix : Automatic screen lock disabled during the movie loading.
* Fix : Sharper images on iPhone6+.
If you like this application, don't forget to add/update your reviews.
Thank you for your support !
Great app, but...
This app is perfect for those that take a video and want to capture a perfect moment from it. It is easy to load the video and go frame by frame to find the perfect one for a picture.
The only reason I gave this app 4 stars instead of five is that I wish you could go frame by frame while in full frame! Why wouldn't you want to do this? Instead, if you are trying to find the exact frame that is clear and best you have to tap the frame, go into it, tap it again to full frame it, look at it and if it isn't the perfect one for your needs, tap it again to go out of full screen, tap back out to all the the frames, tap on the next one and repeat. It is an unnecessary hassle. I hope they update it to be able to swipe from frame to frame while in full screen. I will then give it the five stars it should deserve.
I love this app. I have a toddler and it is hard to get a good picture of him. Now I just take video and find a good still shot in the video. I've gotten some amazing pics from this app. A suggestion for improvement would be for the images to load on the camera role as JPEG instead of PNG, so that they are the same as all the other pics. I have to re-save all the pics as JPEG before I can load them to shutterfly. But not enough of a complaint to lose a star. This app is awesome.
Great app especially for sports pics
My kids play a lot of sports, and it is very frustrating for me to try to capture photos of the perfect moment, because the action is so fast. I am inevitably a half second too early or too late. This app is great, because I simply take video of the play, and then use the app later to create a photo of the perfect moment. It's easy to use and has given me a lot of great photos of my kids. Highly recommended.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Francis Bonnin
- © PacoLabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.