Video 2 Photo - extract still pictures from movies
By Francis Bonnin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Video 2 Photo allows you to export one or more high quality photos from your videos (and Live Photos) in a quick, fun and original way.
Why would you do that?
* Sometimes you hesitate between taking a photo or a video. Take a video! thanks to 'Video 2 Photo' you can now extract from your video as many images as you like!
* You have inadvertently recorded a video when you wanted to take a picture. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can finally recover photos from this video.
* Taking 'The' good picture of an object, animal or person that moves is almost impossible. With 'Video 2 Photo' this becomes feasible.
* Taking a picture of yourself is always difficult. With 'Video 2 Photo' you can choose exactly the right image that suits you best.
* Choose a representative picture of your best videos and put it as wallpaper or print it in order to have it always with you.
* Have fun watching your favorite movies frame by frame and find the little detail that you had never seen before.
Videos can be imported from your device in several ways.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
The camera can be used directly to record a video in order to extract the images quickly thereafter.
An animated and original interface allows you to precisely select a picture from all the ones contained in the video.
It is also possible to view the video (possibly in full screen) and to directly target a specific time.
Once the image is selected, you will be able to view it (possibly in full screen), to eventually crop it (keeping the most interesting part of it) and to export it (to PNG or JPEG files) in different ways:
- archive it in the camera roll of your iDevice
- send it by email
- retrieve it via iTunes file sharing
- copy it (and thus paste it into other applications)
- print it
- open it directly in another application supporting image import.
- and even send it as a tweet or to facebook !
HD Images exported using Video 2 Photo have the highest possible resolution and quality.
Their resolution being the exact same one than the videos they are extracted from (a 1920 x 1080 video will produce 1920 x 1080 images)
If needed, some power user settings, located in the settings application, allows to change some parameters like the output file format (png/jpeg), the associated meta-data, and some behaviors of the application.
You will find the original and intuitive user interface, common to all our videos applications.
These applications have been featured many times by Apple and various websites.
This application can run, on your iPhone and your iPad, as a standalone application, or as an Action Extension (from the compatible applications like the Photo app).
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
What's New in Version 2.2
You thought selecting the perfect photo was an easy task. Well, with this 2.2 version, it's gonna be even easier !
* New: It is now possible to view the image in fullscreen, (and to focus on a specific part of the image) before selecting it.
* New: When a .jpg image is exported with the date metadata, the local time is now used (and not the UTC time).
In case you want to change that behaviour, you can go in the Settings application, and check the available options in the "Video 2 Photo" section.
If you like this application, don't forget to add/update your reviews.
Thank you for your support !
I love this app. I have a toddler and it is hard to get a good picture of him. Now I just take video and find a good still shot in the video. I've gotten some amazing pics from this app. A suggestion for improvement would be for the images to load on the camera role as JPEG instead of PNG, so that they are the same as all the other pics. I have to re-save all the pics as JPEG before I can load them to shutterfly. But not enough of a complaint to lose a star. This app is awesome.
Makes me an awesome photographer!
Ok... So, i always end up with the shutter on a camera being a half second too late, making all my family photos look like they are actually relatives of the lead character of that TV series "my name is Earl" , eyes closed with dumb looks on faces. Now, i take a 30 second video with my camera and with video 2photo select a frame where its the perfect image! The only complaint i have is it bugs me constantly to write a review. Aside from that, its the best two bucks i ever spent .
Awesome, thank you! I always thought it had a few limitations until I finally noticed that the jpg/png and timestamp/GPS options, etc are in the Apple settings for the app, not inside the app itself. And the cropping option and live photo snapping is great too. This app does it all, cannot think of a single improvement!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 15, 2016
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 26.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Francis Bonnin
- © PacoLabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.