Video Browser for Samsung Smart TV
By ZappoTV, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Play 95% of all videos on the Web on your Samsung TV, including popular sites such as YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, ESPN, Metacafe, ABC, Fox, TED, CNN, and many more!...
Get MORE out of your Smart TV with this powerful and easy-to-use VideoBrowser app! VideoBrowser let's you watch Internet videos from your favorite Web Sites on your Samsung TV.
If you don't know what you want to watch? No problem …. Our VideoBrowser Home Screen presents you with a selection of interesting videos waiting to be watched by you!
Not only are you able to play these videos on your TV, you are also able to share what you are watching with your friends and family using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or e-mail.
Use simple video controls to jump to the desired location in a video and adjust the volume of your TV with the volume buttons on the iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
You are able to create a playlist of items to watch and add bookmarks for the Web sites and videos you like.
Easy-to-access settings let you clear your history and/or cookies (yes, we do value your privacy!).
Finally an app that let's you watch what you want whenever you want on your big screen.
• TABBED BROWSING - You can open multiple Web Pages / Sites for easy access.
• BROWSE while you WATCH - You can continue to browse for other content while watching a video on the TV.
• BOOKMARK SITES and VIDEOS - You can bookmark videos and Web Sites that you like for easy access at a later time.
• HOME SCREEN SELECTIONS - You don't need to wait to start watching interesting videos. A selection of interesting videos are waiting for you on our Home Screen.
• SHARE - You can share what you are watching with friends using Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Not into Social? No problem … regular e-mail is also supported.
• PRIVACY - You can easily access the settings screen from where you can clear your history, cookies, favorites, and playlists.
• QUALITY - You can decide the video resolution that you prefer based on the speed of the network that you have.
• EASE-OF-USE - You can control the volume of your TV without having to lift a finger for that TV remote. Volume and player controls are displayed on your mobile device for easy control.
The app is FREE! However, after the first 5 videos, a countdown is shown before the video starts to play on TV. This countdown can be removed through the in-app purchase option.
NEEDED TO GET STARTED
• Samsung Smart TV (Compatible Smart TV model from 2010 or later).
• iPhone, iPod touch or iPad (iPad1 is not fully supported).
• Wireless Network (both mobile device and Samsung Smart TV need to be on the same network).
• iOS 5.0 or later versions is supported.
• No Account is Needed.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Fixed a number of crashes related to iOS8
Disconnects from TV after few mins
This app has potential but right now, it does not. While streaming videos from a browser, it automatically stops and disconnects in about 2-5 mins. Restart of video required every time. Useless app if this happens. Paid $3 for something that doesn't work correctly.
Please fix and update for your customers!!
UPDATE 3/4/15: It turns out the app DOES work correctly, without disconnecting from the TV, but ONLY when you leave your iPhone/iPad ON. When locked, it will disconnect from TV in a few minutes. This will drain battery very fast. PLEASE update the app to allow continuous play while locked. Thanks.
NOT FOR THE SHORT TEMPERED!!
So very irritating constantly quits and when I try to play something it opened up the app store to an app I'm sure they're getting support from but when it does that it disconnects from the TV would stop any browsing meaning I have to replay the video over and over until it stops doing that with me by the time It's done. I have to wait another 10 extra seconds until I can watch it and even then it's a complete crapshoot on if it will actually play or not
Good App. Needs Improvement
I like the concept of the app & it works, to some extent. However, it disconnects from the TV after a few minutes. Please fix this ASAP. I want to buy the feature to remove the countdown, but i wont until this issue is fixed.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 16, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ZappoTV, Inc.
- © ZappoTV, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Permanent Countdown Unlock$2.99