Video Crop & Zoom allows you to crop your videos in an easy and precise way.
Why would you do that?
* You want to remove a person or an object from a video. Crop your video to make this part invisible.
* You need to straighten a video in order to fix the horizon.
* You have recorded a video with a portrait orientation and you would like to change it to a landscape orientation.
* You want to add small effects to your video, like a zoom-in to someone's face, shortly followed by a zoom-out to a larger general view.
* You want to keep the best of your video only, cropping the main part of it, and removing the superfluous.
* You want to crop your video with a specific constrain (square, 4x3, 16x9 , ...) or some precise dimension (580p, 1080p, ...) before sending it to your TV or your favourite social service.
Videos can be imported from your device in different ways.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
An animated and original user interface allows you to crop (and zoom and rotate), if necessary, every frame of the video independently.
An interpolation will be done automatically between each of your modifications, in order to scale and move progressively the crop area.
Those cropped areas can be defined by using some simple gestures, but in case some high precision is needed, you can directly change the values (in pixels for the size and position, in degrees for the angle).
Some optional visual guides, like configurable grids, and contextual information, can be displayed to help you track your target.
You will find the original and intuitive user interface, common to all our videos applications.
These applications have been featured many times by Apple and various websites.
This application can run, on your iPhone and your iPad, as a standalone application, or as an Action Extension (from the compatible applications like the Photo app).
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
Here are the new features of this version 4.0 :
- Modification : Possibility to precisely set the values for the angle, size and position of the cropped area.
- Properties : The interpolation of the frames between two cropped areas is now more fluid and less robotic (this can be reverted to a linear interpolation for each individual defined cropped area, if needed)
- Guides : User defined grids can be displayed for the input video, and the cropped area. The previous, next and interpolated cropped areas can also be displayed.
- Media can be imported into the application using the standard photo picker (its content is similar to Apple's Photo application).
- Media can be imported into the application using the standard file picker (its content is similar to that of Apple's Files application).
- When the media is saved to the camera roll, it is automatically associated to an album named "Video Crop & Zoom".
- The previously selected video is now highlighted in blue in the video selection screen.
- iTunes File Sharing has been renamed File, since it is now possible to access media using Apple's File application as well.
- The iTunes File Sharing folder is now visible/modifiable in the Apple Files application.
- The exported video will be HEVC if the input video is HEVC.
- The filename of the exported video file is now prefixed by the original filename of the source video, followed by the current date and time.
- The request for review popup is displayed less often.
- Added the possibility to disable the tutorial (by touching it).
If you like Video Crop & Zoom, please leave a comment on the App Store, and let your friends know about the app :)
Ratings and Reviews
Works well for previewing Instagram crops
I have used this to crop personal videos where I had the rotation wrong (portrait instead of landscape). But it’s really great for cropping if your subject moves around in the shot. We use it for work to view how our landscape videos will be cropped when we upload them to Instagram (square).
Crooked horizon? -no prob. Shot too wide? - all good. This even let’s you set different reference points throughout the video to straighten. I edit video on pro software like adobe premier, after effects.. so would mostly use this for things I’ve shot with my phone and just got it a few days ago but so far, so good.
Am liking this Crop & Zoom app!
Works well with videos from other editing apps (e.g. Slow Fast) for cropping and zooming my SLO-MO videos of golf swings, and re-rendering them to create my "finished" training - and bragging - videos. Fun to use, and a worthy app/tool. Yes, I recommend its companion apps too. ;-)
- Francis Bonnin
- 20.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PacoLabs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.