By Zhengyang Liu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***The current version of Video Playlist may have some issues with iOS 7. We are working on an update.***
***Can't find your video after upgrading? See FAQ section below***
The all new Video Playlist 2.0 is here with tons of new features!
Video Playlist does one simple thing: it lets you play your video clips CONTINUOUSLY, regardless of the types of your clip.
Video Playlist supports any type (Music Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts) of videos you have in your iPad's library*.
You don't have to sync any files to Video Playlist, just pick from your iPad's collection!
- Create and manage multiple playlists on the go
- Play any supported format* directly from your iTunes library, no file transfers needed
- Continuous playback with a minimalistic interface
- Loop and shuffle your playlist
- Specially optimized for music videos: background audio, current track info and artwork on lockscreen (paid version only)
- Full support for video output (via cable) and AirPlay (video, audio, or both)**
- The "Edit" button lets you rearrange/delete/clear items
- Tap "Shuffle Playlist" to shuffle the playlist
- You can enable "Repeat" to loop through your collection automatically.
- The fullscreen mode makes a great video frame!
- In fullscreen mode, you can navigate through the videos by the standard "Fast Forward" / "Rewind" buttons.
Video Playlist will ONLY work on iOS 5.0 or above
* Video Playlist does NOT support DRM-protected videos. ( some older iTunes purchased content may be DRM-protected)
** Mirrored video out only supported on iPad 2 and the new iPad
Q: I cannot find my video in Video Playlist, even though they show up in the built-in Videos app just fine.
As of version 2.0.1, an easier fix is available, simply choose the classic "iOS Media Picker" when prompted, or set it from the Settings app.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Fixes for iOS 6
Absolutely Perfect !!!
Just what the doctor ordered !!! This is my first review of any app. and I'm writing it because I'm SO exited !!! Can't believe it took an independent app to fix the iPad shuffle and continuous play problem.
Especially love the way you can clear the current playlist and rebuild from an existing playlist (or genre) within seconds !!!
Great job !!!
One enhancement that should be made is to auto-disable the forward/back buttons after 5 or 10 seconds of non-use. When u think about it there is never an instance where those buttons should remain active throughout a video. Sometimes, the buttons auto-appear when starting the next video - and u have to manually disable at the beginning of each video. When this occurs - the only way I can disable that feature is to restart my iPad (?) My preference would be to totally disable the forward/back buttons unless manually enabled - implying that if I've not enabled it, then I don't want to see it. However, when manually enabled - leave enabled for max 10 seconds of non-use, as I know by then if I want to skip forward to the next video...
This is the app you've been looking for.
We needed an app that would loop videos, create video playlists, and utilize Airplay so we could use the iPad as a presentation tool for meetings and trade shows. This is the only app I found that does all of that.
It uses the videos in your Movies tab on iTunes, so you don't have to also load the videos via File Sharing or Dropbox (etc).
The only flaw I've seen is that Airplay kind of blinks out momentarily when it loops, but this is not a deal breaker. It isn't completely intuitive to use at first, but not impossible to figure out either, and once you do it makes perfect sense.
For our needs, this turned the iPad from almost useless to perfect.
Shuffle Music Videos YES!!
EXACTLY what I was looking for! If you have iPhone and/or iPad, WE all know you cannot shuffle music videos and at random like we want to do with iTunes. Especially for those who watch our music in the Car. Ive downloaded Most apps similar but no winners until i discovered “video Playlist” from google search landed me to this app. No need to do anything complicated, its easy t get the music videos and all other video types onto your player. Streamline, simple and easy to use.