Video & TV Cast for Fire TV: Best Browser to stream any web-video on HD-TV displays
By 2kit consulting
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch webvideos, online movies, live tv streams and camera roll videos on your Amazon Fire TV and enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video caster.
With Video & TV Cast you can browse through the web and stream any video you want on your Amazon Fire TV. Just navigate to your favorite website and send the embedded video with a single tap to your Amazon Fire TV. The discovered video will be shown below the browser. A tap on the video link will send it to your Amazon Fire TV immediately.
Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported for streaming. DRM protected content like iTunes movies, Amazon Prime or Netflix is NOT supported.
* The app only works with a Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and other DRM protected videos like HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a video is not working at all, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Playbar: A remote control that allows you to fast forward or rewind videos while browsing. It syncs across all your iPads & iPhones that are connected to the same Fire TV. So your video can be controlled by different users in the same room. Please update the corresponding companion app on your Fire TV to at least v1.2.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites. You can enable/disable it at any time in the settings. Please note: To remove the sponsoring ads as well you need the additional Remove Ads upgrade.
* Remove Ads: Removes the sponsoring ads and gives the developers support for creating new features and updates. Please note: This upgrade will not block the ads that are part of websites that you visit. To remove website ads please purchase the additional Ad-Blocker upgrade.
* Bookmarks: Add and manage as many bookmarks as you want, either in the bookmarks menu or directly in the browser.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: After purchasing this you can set your personal homepage in the settings.
>>> A MESSAGE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Countless websites have been reported to us and we already support more than 90% of all videos on the internet. But still we know that things can get even better. Your feedback and priorities will drive our work ahead, and you’ll see new features and more supported websites in our next app updates.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Amazon or any other trademark mentioned here.
What's New in Version 1.5
- Bug fixes
Useful but annoying!!!
I found this app to be a good idea but found it to be very annoying. I don't like the fact that you have to purchase the fast forward and rewind features at all. Even if you purchase these features, you will find that they're not always available. For some unexplained reason they just stop working and all you can do is wait for them to kick in next time you use them.
So far it's great
I've only had the app for a few days, but so far it's working great.
Allegedly the Fire TV supports casting natively, but I tried getting casting to work from my Windows laptop to the Fire TV with no luck. I could at best get one video to play before it would lock up.
With this app I can cast videos easily.
The app does have a lot of popups. Some are functional, some are advertising. I upgraded to the highest level to remove as many as possible, but I still see a minimum of two functional popups per video ( one asking if I want to cast the video, and a second confirming the video was cast successfully or if a retry is required.
Love this app but could use some improvements
Absolutely love this app, it's perfect for streaming movies online but often it won't connect to my firestick! I try and close out the app I have even deleted and reinstalled it but the issue still persists. But let me say when it does connect to my firestick it works like a charm!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 28, 2016
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 19.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- © 2kit consulting
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition$6.99
- Local Videos$0.99
- Desktop Mode$0.99
- Remove Ads (Bronze)$0.99
- Change Homepage$0.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum)$4.99
- Remove Ads (Gold)$2.99