Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV: Best Browser to stream any web-video on HD-TV displays
By 2kit consulting
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch any web-video, online movie, livestream or live tv show on your LG Smart TV. Enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video caster.
With Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV you can browse the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream or live tv show you want on your LG Smart TV. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported.
There is no time limit at all! You can watch videos of 2 minutes or 2 hours or even more. Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your LG Smart TV. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the link will start the show. You don't need to install a big media server like Plex or any other third party software.
>>> Important Notes
* To enable video casting please open the LG App Store (LG Smart World / LG Content Store) on your TV, browse to the entertainment category and install the 'TV Cast' receiver app.
* Please enter the ip-adress of your iPhone/iPad by using the number pad and up/down/left/right keys on your TV Remote or scroll wheel on your Magic Remote. Just enter the numbers, no need to press the enter key.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and other DRM protected videos like HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* Please use the hardware remote of your LG for controlling the TV app and video playback.
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a specific video is not working, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Bookmarks: Add and manage as many bookmarks as you want, either in the bookmarks menu or directly in the browser.
* Remove Ads: Removes the sponsoring ads and gives the developers support for creating new features and updates. Please note: This upgrade will not block the ads that are part of websites that you visit. To remove website ads please purchase the additional Ad-Blocker upgrade.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites. You can enable/disable it at any time in the settings. Please note: To remove the sponsoring ads as well you need the additional Remove Ads upgrade.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: After purchasing this you can set your personal homepage in the settings.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with LG Electronics or any other trademark mentioned here.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Bug fixes
Functions pretty much perfectly
Functions great. It's to be expected to find some issues with certain websites and video player integration, especially because this is on iOS, but this app works pretty much all the time.
Sometimes the app will disconnect from the tv when you lock the screen and fail to rejoin, but restarting the app or fiddling with options usually brings it back.
Only wish that the integrated web browser didn't reload back to the start page so often and instead resumed at the previous site, but otherwise I don't see any reason not to rate this 5 stars.
This app works surprisingly well. Honestly I have only seen one movie using this app so far and based on that I can say this app is great. It was easy figuring out how to connect my phone to the tv without any problems and the video was clear and it didn't lag at all. Hopefully it continues to work good and random problems don't arise
Does not work on TV side
After an hour of work trying to get the app to work so that I could stream video, the app on the TV shows only a grey screen when clicked on. The only advice on the app is to uninstall and reinstall. Unfortunately it does. It show up in my installed apps, so I have no recourse. When I click on the app and the screen is grey, there is no way to back out and I have to force a full TV shut down. Very disappointed indeed and sad that after spending thousands for a TV, you cannot get someone on a live chat to help problem solve.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 28, 2016
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- © 2kit consulting
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition$4.99
- Local Videos$0.99
- Desktop Mode$0.99
- Remove Ads (Bronze)$0.99
- Change Homepage$0.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum)$4.99
- Remove Ads (Silver)$1.99
- Remove Ads (Gold)$2.99