Watch any web-video, online movie, livestream or live tv show on your Samsung Smart TV or Blu-ray Player. Enjoy the show on your big screen with the no#1 web video caster.
With Video & TV Cast for Samsung Smart TV you can browse the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream or live tv show you want on your Samsung Smart TV. Mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams and also video-over-https are supported.
There is no time limit at all! You can watch videos of 2 minutes or 2 hours or even more. Just open Video & TV Cast, navigate to a website, wait for link detection and send the video with a single tap to your Samsung Smart TV. The discovered link will be shown below the browser. A tap on the link will start the show. You don't need to install a big media server like Plex or any other third party software.
>>> Important Notes
* To enable video casting please open the Samsung App Store (Smart Hub) on your TV or Blu-ray Player, search for 'TV Cast' and install the receiver app.
* Please enter the ip-adress of your iPhone/iPad by using the number pad and up/down/left/right keys on your Samsung TV Remote. Just enter the numbers, no need to press the enter key.
* iTunes movies, Flash video and other DRM protected videos like HBO now are not supported!
* Please test your favorite videos with the free edition before upgrading!
* Please use the Remote Playbar for video control while browsing (see more info below)
* The app streams only the video part of a website and not the whole website content (No screen or tab mirroring!).
* Sometimes it is necessary to play the video on your iPad or iPhone first before it gets discovered by the app for streaming. It may also be neccessary to start casting multiple times until it works with specific videos.
* If a specific video is not working, please check the FAQ on the app startpage. If that does not help you, please drop us an email before leaving a negative comment on the App Store. We will try to add support for that website as soon as possible.
>>> UPGRADE FEATURES (available as in-app purchases)
* Premium Edition: Unlocks all of the features listed here. Also future features are included, so you do not have to pay for them when they are released in an updated app version.
* Remote Playbar: Use the Playbar for advanced video control while browsing, including video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, stop. The playbar works on all Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray Players. You can also use the included TV Remote for basic video control (play, pause, stop, forward and rewind videos) and navigating in Samsung Smart Hub. The TV Remote currently works on 2010 - 2013 TVs.
* Local Videos: Cast your camera roll videos from an iPhone or iPad. Supports mp4, m4v and mov videos that were saved to the camera roll via Apples SD-Card/USB Adapter, iTunes Desktop Software or third party apps.
* Ad-Blocker: Blocks ads & popups on most websites and removes the sponsoring ads from the app. You can update and enable/disable ad-blocking at any time in the settings.
* Bookmarks: Save unlimited website bookmarks. Synchronize and transfer them between different TV Cast apps and iOS devices by using backup and restore via iCloud.
* Desktop Mode: Change the browser user-agent and cloak your iPhone/iPad as a desktop PC to load the desktop website instead of a mobile website. Please note that this will NOT enable video casting on websites that serve Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change Homepage: Set your personal homepage in the settings.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Samsung or any other trademark mentioned here.
- Bug fixes
Please rate us on the App Store == It‘s very quick and will help us improve this app to provide you with better features and services.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs lots of work
This app does not work as expected. My intent was to watch Home videos taken on my iPhone, and screen share / cast them to a Samsung smart tv - something that *should* be as simple as FaceTime, right ? Wrong! The app will disconnect from the tv, as soon as you switch to your video and start play, so no luck there.
Second option - Using the app Menu, then find your home video. It tells you that only the last three videos taken can be watched with the free version of the app ! I guess the in-app purchase is now required. So I tried one - result: no sound, and the video does not rotate to match the orientation of the Home video. So you sit on the couch with your head cocked sideways, with no sound. Also, the app must upload your video to a web service to “optimize” it, which means they now have a copy of your content. This process creates a web link url, so now you are streaming it to the TV app. This is not “screen casting” or mirroring at all ! It is uploading from the phone app, and downloading to the TV app !
Also / biggest pain ever is the whole “enter IP address “ nonsense . Hello Developers - it’s called multicast, or broadcast, or DNS lookup - there are many choice to find devices on the same layer 2 network without asking users to type in numbers they don’t understand. It should be as simple as FaceTime. Go back to the beginning and start over on your device discovery subroutines.
Awesome simple and very convenient
There are a ton of free websites that have free movies that allow you to stream, and this app doesn’t slow down my internet at all! When I use iPhone or iPad mirroring, I always notice that it has a huge impact on everyone in the house and a lot of time I experience lag trying to play a movie. I have a very nice router with mesh coverage, my average speed is 75 mbs. This app is so easy to use with the built in browser and the app on my Samsung smart TV there’s no middle man. I highly recommend this for all iOS users that have newer Samsung TV’s. I am sure if I had a Samsung phone (never) no 3rd party app is needed, but until Apple starts to make 4K OLED televisions under millions of dollars, LOL, this is a great tool and time saver! 👍🏻👍🏻
Waste of your time!!!
This app needs a ridiculous amount of work. Nothing works as it intended and I did go through the tutorials to make sure I was operating correctly. And every app or add on that should be really simple and work they want you to pay some money for to use, that’s absolutely ridiculous just pulled up to the app that you said it was in make it happen. These developers need to stop trying to get a quick money grab in create a decent app/free app like so many other developers and people will start buying premium items, that is if the base app actually works correctly, which unfortunately this app doesn’t at all it doesn’t even come close. With all the apps out there that can do casting why is this on such a disappointment. Developer stop trying to go a quick money grab an actually create something and then maybe more than 540 people downloaded.
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 46.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Remote Playbar $2.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.