Video & TV SideView: Quick Remote
By Sony Network Communications Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Timeline Extension for TV Programs and Video on Demand functionality Suspension
Due to a need to fix some defects, the suspension of TV Programs and Video on Demand functionality, originally announced for 5/24, will see its release approximately one week later than scheduled.
Notice regarding discontinuation of TV Programs and Video on Demand
Thank you very much for your loyal support in using Video & TV SideView.
TV Programs and Video on Demand functionality will no longer be offered on Video & TV SideView from May 24th, 2017.
Functions that will no longer be offered:
- Program guide
- Top picks
- Timer REC
- SerialAbTak, YouTube, PlayStation Video, Crackle, watchmi, UseeTV, PPTV, Zattoo
Please note that the following functions will remain available:
Remote control, Home network
*Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries
Video & TV SideView is a TV remote control & TV Guide app from Sony that makes your TV viewing life more convenient.
Use your iPhone to discover TV programs and control your TV remotely. Using the app you can use your iPhone just like a TV remote to directly control your Sony Bravia TV by simply swiping your screen.
Video & TV SideViews’s fantastic functionality enables users to browse content, as well as send and receive program recommendations based on your favourite shows!
Top picks can now be displayed in order of popularity and it’s possible to be notified of today’s recommended TV programs via push notification, meaning you’ll never miss any must-see TV again!
App speed and performance has also been improved making this is more effective Sony TV remote to date.
- Key features
1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a quick remote controller
2. Discover other programs while watching TV with the TV Guide in your hand.
3. Easily find recommended and popular programs across TV programs and YouTube.
4. When connected to a compatible BRAVIA TV, the app can sense a Bluetooth signal from the BRAVIA TV when you arrive home and notifies you of the most popular programs currently broadcasting. (A TV software update is required)
5. Use the TV program guide widget to view all currently playing programmes
- Video & TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony TV Bravia
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
- Additional information
1. “Video & TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
4. The seamless link to services such as YouTube etc., is subject to change or termination without notice.
What's New in Version 4.7.2
- Improving the quality of operation
DOWNWARD SPIRAL TO LONGER WORKS
I wish i could give zero effing stars! Every update in the last year or so, for iPhone users turned one of the last good remote apps for Sony's TV into a useless POS. Now it's being deleted since it no longer works. A year or so ago I wouldve rated it 5 stars, but since then they must have turned the engineers over to 3year olds, or 83 year olds. Thanks for being another good app that slowly soils the bed and offers nothing as a replacement.
I have to agree that maybe not even as long as a year ago this app was amazing. It was seamless and could always count on it. Since i owned my Google TV this WAS the only app that was good and I could count on it for years. Now I too am deleting it because it is COMPLETELY USELESS. Back to using the wireless keyboard and mouse..
Buggy new version
The new update broke connectivity with my two Sony TV's. Registering process fails when trying to register the TV's again. App hangs on a progress bar when the TV displays the code to enter in the app.
With the last 2-3 updates I've hoped would fix the connectivity issues. Even though I can set up (sort of) .... once done - I can never turn on the tv. Why bother, Sony?!!
Besides - Sony plans to kill off around 90% of the features within the month or so.
Sony is doing the same thing, but worse to another one of their OWN devices called - Dash, an all in one screen device; internet clock, radio, and other apps. They made the Dash dependent on their severs & ports, which - they're abandoning - making them essentially useless. I smell class action lawsuit!
What are doing Sony??
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 24, 2017
- Version: 4.7.2
- Size: 94.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sony Network Communications Inc.
- © 2016 Sony Network Communications Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases