Video & TV SideView: Quick Remote
By Sony Network Communications Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Notice regarding discontinuation of TV Programs and Video on Demand
Thank you very much for your loyal support in using Video & TV SideView.
TV Programs and Video on Demand functionality offered on Video & TV SideView have been concluded as of May 30th, 2017.
Functions that will no longer be offered:
- Program guide
- Top picks
- Timer REC
- SerialAbTak, YouTube, PlayStation Video, Crackle, watchmi, UseeTV, PPTV, Zattoo
Please note that the following functions will remain available:
Remote control, Home network
*Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries
Sony's TV remote control app Video＆TV SideView will make your TV viewing experience more enjoyable.
Using a smartphone or tablet, you can use the app as a TV remote control for the home.
- Key features
1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a quick remote controller
- Video & TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony TV Bravia
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
- Additional information
1. “Video & TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
What's New in Version 5.1.0
- Improving the quality of operation
Thank you for using Video & TV SideView.
Open remote on launch
Is there a way we can open the remote control on launch rather than the home network page? It's a rather useless page seeing as the primary reason this app exists is for the remote control. Otherwise it works great.
Yay for remote only
Connectivity has gotten much better over past few months thanks to the updates. I wish they would have it automatically open or try to connect to the tv. It would then be perfect.
Go back to the original... Was better choice.
I gave the TV remote, what the original application offered was a TV guide which that one thing was great.
The other included features were also what made the application better than anything others offered.
OTA channel selections offered another nice feature many can use.
NOTE: as now the new app opens to a blank screen and NOT the remote... Way to go!!!
Go back to what you had, it set a standard from simply a TV remote. Which comes with every TV, right?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 07, 2017
- Version: 5.1.0
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sony Network Communications Inc.
- © 2016 Sony Network Communications Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases