Video & TV SideView: Quick Remote
By Sony Network Communications Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Notice regarding discontinuation of TV Programs and Video on Demand
Thank you very much for your loyal support in using Video & TV SideView.
TV Programs and Video on Demand functionality will no longer be offered on Video & TV SideView from May 24th, 2017.
Functions that will no longer be offered:
- Program guide
- Top picks
- Timer REC
- SerialAbTak, YouTube, PlayStation Video, Crackle, watchmi, UseeTV, PPTV, Zattoo
Please note that the following functions will remain available:
Remote control, Home network
*Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries
Video & TV SideView is a TV remote control & TV Guide app from Sony that makes your TV viewing life more convenient.
Use your iPhone to discover TV programs and control your TV remotely. Using the app you can use your iPhone just like a TV remote to directly control your Sony Bravia TV by simply swiping your screen.
Video & TV SideViews’s fantastic functionality enables users to browse content, as well as send and receive program recommendations based on your favourite shows!
Top picks can now be displayed in order of popularity and it’s possible to be notified of today’s recommended TV programs via push notification, meaning you’ll never miss any must-see TV again!
App speed and performance has also been improved making this is more effective Sony TV remote to date.
- Key features
1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a quick remote controller
2. Discover other programs while watching TV with the TV Guide in your hand.
3. Easily find recommended and popular programs across TV programs and YouTube.
4. When connected to a compatible BRAVIA TV, the app can sense a Bluetooth signal from the BRAVIA TV when you arrive home and notifies you of the most popular programs currently broadcasting. (A TV software update is required)
5. Use the TV program guide widget to view all currently playing programmes
- Video & TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony TV Bravia
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
- Additional information
1. “Video & TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
4. The seamless link to services such as YouTube etc., is subject to change or termination without notice.
What's New in Version 4.7.1
- Improving the quality of operation
Worked for me
I downloaded six apps and went through them all. Only one that worked for me.
App stopped working
This hasn't been able to connect to my NSX model Sony TV in months. I was hoping this update would address that but I guess not, seems Sony could give two F$&@s about older TVs.
Where is voice?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 14, 2017
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 94.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sony Network Communications Inc.
- © 2016 Sony Network Communications Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases