Video & TV SideView: Remote
By Sony Network Communications Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Notice regarding discontinuation of TV Programs and Video on Demand
Thank you very much for your loyal support in using Video & TV SideView.
TV Programs and Video on Demand functionality offered on Video & TV SideView have been concluded as of May 30th, 2017.
Functions that will no longer be offered:
- Program guide
- Top picks
- Timer REC
- SerialAbTak, YouTube, PlayStation Video, Crackle, watchmi, UseeTV, PPTV, Zattoo
Please note that the following functions will remain available:
Remote control, Home network
*Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries
Sony's TV remote control app Video＆TV SideView will make your TV viewing experience more enjoyable.
Using a smartphone or tablet, you can use the app as a TV remote control for the home.
- Key features
1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a quick remote controller
- Video & TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony TV Bravia
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
- Additional information
1. “Video & TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
What's New in Version 5.2.1
- Improving the quality of operation
Thank you for using Video & TV SideView.
What purpose is served by keeping this app?
Since all the functions that would have made this app worth having are no longer offered, who keeps this app on their desktop and why?
It thanks me for my continued support.
Will that make me want to keep an app that no longer has any discernible function?
Keep this app to remember when it had a function.
Works with STR-DN1080
As stated in the title this app allows me to control my strdn1080 receiver. Allows the easy changing of inputs, volume and other controls
On one iPad, I Can’t even get passed the first screen! “Agree and start” button doesn’t work!
On others where I had previously added my tv and used the remote before, the remote no longer works: “An error occurred with the application”!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 01, 2017
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 96.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sony Network Communications Inc.
- © 2016 Sony Network Communications Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases