By Fat Apps, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
VideoBuffet is a QuickTime movie browser and player, specially designed to let you watch multiple videos simultaneously.
There’s no library to create, or metadata to type in. Just drag your videos onto VideoBuffet and start watching, right now. There's no easier way to browse through your collection.
VideoBuffet can search your Movies folder, and automatically find all of your videos for you. It can search through thousands of files per second, so even the largest collection will open quickly. You might even rediscover videos you forgot you had!
• Plays multiple videos at once (up to 16), in one window.
• Utilizes QuickTime X for optimized, hardware-accelerated video playback.
• Plays any video supported by QuickTime (except DRM-protected movies).
• Automatically finds all video files in your Movies folder.
• Page through your videos in order, or choose a random selection to watch.
• Automatically prevents screen dimming while playing.
• Searches through thousands of files per second, to quickly open even large video collections.
• Quickly scrub through a video by hovering over it while holding the Command key.
• Boss key! Quickly hide VideoBuffet with a single keypress, for covert video watching.
• Resizable, zoomable main window.
• Customizable background color.
• Full-screen mode
• Includes extensive on-line help.
** Support for additional files and codecs (avi, wmv, mkv, and others) requires additional (free) software. For more information, go to http://fat-apps.com/faq/videobuffet
What's New in Version 1.2
• BOSS KEY!
• Resigned Welcome screen shows recent movie folders
• Customizable background color
• Bug fixes
Confusing user interface, designed by monkeys - AVOID
The documentation does not match the user interface. There is no toolbar on the window as suggested. It is practically impossible to select what videos you want displayed, where they are displayed, nor is is possible to view more than four videos at a time unlike the 16 suggested by the developer.
If a software engineer with 20 years experience designing systems with usability in mind can’t figure this program out, well, best of luck to you. At least I only threw away $5
The video player we’ve been looking for…
Only problem is we need a faster Mac and network! But it’s brain dead simple to use and super helpful when browsing through a large collection of videos for what to keep or discard.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Nov 19, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fat Apps, LLC
- © 2011-2014 Fat Apps, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor