ViDia - Diagram Tool
By Genarks Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ViDia can draw a diagram easily and quickly by drag-and-drop a shape from the palette.
Shapes are connectable, and it can move freely, with connection maintained. It is also easy to switch connection to other shape. The pen-tool and the text-tool help the sketch of your idea.
ViDia is equipped also with the pop-up controller by a hand as well as the operation by the general toolbar. Since it is not necessary to move a finger for operating to the toolbar, quick operation is possible. UI for operation is compact, and it is displayed that a shape is not hidden, it does not impress stress. It is a simple and intelligible interface.
50+ basic shapes and 8 edge types
Text in shape
Label on edge
- Pen Tool for Freehand
- Connection Tool
- Text Tool
- Fill Color
-- Quick Gradient
-- Stroke Color
-- Stroke Width
-- Stroke Types
-- Connectable/Not connectable
-- Connection Types
-- Marker Types (Start/End)
-- Flip connection
-- Text Color
-- Font Size
-- Font and Font Types(Bold, Italic, etc.)
-- Line Wrapping On/Off
-- Horizontal/Vertical Alignment
-- Shadow Color
-- Horizontal/Vertical Adjustment
- Duplicate/Duplicate with connection
- Style Picking
-- Horizontal/Vertical Alignment
-- Horizontal/Vertical Justify
- Move To Front/Back
- Page Size ("Free" contains)
- Page Orientation
- Grid On/Off
- Grid Types
- Open In Other Apps (PDF, PNG)
- Save To Photos (PNG)
- AirPrint (PDF)
-- Image Importing from Photo Albums
- View Fitting
-- View Reset
-- Fit To All
What's New in Version 1.3.2
FIXED: When a figure symmetrical is rotated 180 degrees,seemed to shift a little from the original position.
FIXED: On the attribute view of the figure applied in the translucent fill-color, the preview of the stroke color was also displayed translucent.
Does many things right. I was able to create a fairly complicated wiring diagram of the 6 components in my entertainment system. Each plug got one box, connected in the back to input/output, labeled port and component. Then the plug connected across to another component. Creating connections, with or without terminators was easy. Connected boxes stay connected when moved and rearranged. Colours and symbols can be used, as well as shading and different lines. After creating a complicated system architecture, it's possible to duplicate it (to preserve it) before adding connections between components. By and large, I am fairly happy and recommend this app.
Why not 5 stars?
1. The biggest miss I see is that a drawing, once created, can't be protected (i.e. made read only) in any way. Now that I have my diagram, I open it to use it. When scrolling and zooming around to find what I need to see, I constantly grab and move components when I don't mean to. Thank you for the Undo button!!!
2. Touch control is finicky. It takes patience to manipulate a complex drawing as unexpected elements get selected and moved.
3. There is at least one display issue (on iOS 7). When the shape pallette is open, rotating the iPad to landscape and back to portrait creates a (dead) screen artifact of the pallette. It is necessary to exit and reenter to get the screen redrawn to clean up the pixel mess.
All in all, this is a good and useful program.