Discover thousands of inspiring trail guides, download offline maps, and navigate with confidence on your next hike, bike ride, backpacking trip, or outdoor adventure. Go anywhere too: ViewRanger works offline without mobile and data signals.
** Best New Outdoor Tech –Backpacker magazine**
** Best Outdoor App -Elevation Outdoors **
** Trusted by over 400 Search & Rescue teams **
>> MAPS DESIGNED FOR ADVENTURE
Download offline maps onto your phone before you leave home. Then explore off-the-grid, even without cell coverage. ViewRanger offers several map types, including:
** Worldwide Maps: Street maps, aerial and satellite images, and terrain maps.
** Best-in-class topo maps by country: See terrain and trail details other maps miss. The USA Maps bundle includes four map types: USA Topo, USGS Topo, USA Land Cover, and USA Slopes. USA topographic maps zoom down to 1:24k scale in Lower 48 and Hawaii. 1:63k in Alaska.
Exploring outside the US? Check out topographic maps for 23 countries, including Canada, France, Italy, New Zealand and UK.
>> TRAIL GUIDES
See routes posted by top publishing brands and find trails in national parks, state parks, and national forests. Check out every mile of Appalachian and Pacific Crest Trails too. Create your own routes on our website too, and follow them on your iPhone.
>> ViewRanger PREMIUM
Supercharge the free ViewRanger app with top-notch tools and maps to explore the outdoors. The PREMIUM subscription includes:
Skyline: Use your device’s camera to identify peaks, places, and other points with augmented reality. See direction arrows and waypoints when following a route.
3D Flyovers: See tracks and routes in amazing 3D. Replay your recorded tracks. Pan and zoom around pre-planned routes.
BuddyBeacon: Safety first. Privately share your real-time location with friends and family. Requires a data connection.
Or, check out our PREMIUM + Map bundles with highly-detailed topographic maps in select countries: UK, USA, France, New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, and Belgium.
>> APPLE WATCH
Download nearby routes directly on your watch over cellular on Apple Watch Series 3. Pan and zoom maps in full screen to view areas in more detail. Follow routes and explore offline on Apple Watch Series 2 3 & 4 (or on earlier models when connected to iPhone).
GPS NAVIGATION & STATS
• See your GPS location on a map.
• Record tracks and follow routes
• Plot and go to point of interests
• See live trip and navigation stats: time, speed, distance, navigation arrows, compass bearing, sunrise and sunset.
• Share routes and tracks with friends and social networks.
APPLE HEALTH provides detailed information about your activity, including the number of steps you’ve walked and your heart rate (when using Apple Watch™ or Bluetooth 4.0 enabled devices). Tracks recorded from activities in ViewRanger can be saved to Apple Health as workouts.
ViewRanger offers auto-renewing PREMIUM and map subscriptions in select countries, including:
- PREMIUM in all territories ($3.99/yr.)
- Australia ($12.99/yr., $3.49/mo.)
- Belgium ($18.49/yr., $4.99/mo.)
- Canada ($8.99/yr., $2.99/mo.)
- France ($18.99/quarter, $5.49/mo.)
- Great Britain ($28.49/yr., $5.49/mo.)
- Netherlands ($9.49/yr.; $3.99/mo.)
- New Zealand ($7.49/yr., $2.49/mo.)
- Norway ($23.99/yr., $5.99/mo.)
- Spain ($18.99/yr., $4.99/mo.)
- USA ($19.99/yr., $4.99/mo.)
Prices listed in US dollars but may vary by country or local currency. Subscribe, pay, and manage subscriptions in your iTunes account. Subscriptions automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Refunds not provided for any unused portion of subscription.
- Some small visual enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Thousands of trails for outdoor adventures.
Excellent app for hikers
Definitely recommended whether you’re hard-core, or an occasional hiker.
I’m one of the latter and what I love most about it is that it’s easy to use, has all the features one may want, and doesn’t take much to figure it out, especially as you’re out and not sitting at a desk.
Maps and trails are really accurate, even for the free version, and being able to save and share trips is great for the memories too.
Finally, I’ve had occasion to get in touch w support and they’re super-kind, quick and helpful.
Warmly recommended for your next hike.
Love this app!
This is my favorite map tracker. It’s got all that one would need for a great outdoor tracker!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Augmentra Ltd
- 222.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Augmentra Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- USA Topo Map $19.99
- Premium + Maps for USA $19.99
- Top-up (S) credit for maps and routes $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.