Vimeo gives you the tools to upload, manage, review, and showcase your videos in the highest quality possible.
The Vimeo app for macOS integrates with Final Cut Pro to export ProRes videos, manage your uploads, and share videos to review with your team or showcase to the world — all without interrupting your post-production workflow.
With Vimeo for macOS, you can:
• Export as ProRes and other advanced codecs from Final Cut Pro
• Upload directly to your Vimeo account
• Adjust the title, description, and privacy settings for your videos
• Replace videos with new versions of your file
• Get instant access to video links, video review pages, and embed codes
• Receive notifications about important video activity
The world’s best creators trust Vimeo to showcase videos in the highest quality possible, across any device. Vimeo for macOS gives you full control over your video workflow, from the convenience of your desktop.
System requirements: macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
Vimeo is the high quality home to upload, distribute, and discover amazing videos.
Host videos in the highest quality possible
• Upload in 4K Ultra HD with HDR support
• Stay organized with video management tools
• Enjoy no ads before, during, or after your videos
Get powerful video tools, made for creators and brands
• Privately collaborate on projects with your team
• Embed videos anywhere and drive audience engagement
• Easily track your video performance
It’s our mission to help people share what they make, whether they’re grizzled old pros or have never heard of a camera before. We do it by nurturing the world’s most vibrant, constructive, respectful community of creators.
In this update, you can replace a video with a new version. The best part? Replacing a video lets you keep the same URL, the same review page, and the same stats for your video. It’s just your little secret.
Here’s how it works: from the app, simply click into a video’s menu to replace it with a new file. Or, when you export from Final Cut Pro, you can choose to either upload a new video, or replace one of your existing videos with an updated file. Voilà.
Just like on the site, your video’s metadata (including the title, description, any stats, comments, or likes) won’t be affected by replacing it, and you’ll see a full version history on your Vimeo account.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Start but many bugs
There are many things to love about this handy app, and about the upgrades vimeo is doing in general, to make managing your videos easier on their service. Thank you for trying.
That said, there are still some issues with this:
1. The ‘Replace video’ is an essential and loved feature- BUT! half the time I select a video to replace, it starts uploading the replacement to ANOTHER VIDEO! It’s hard to catch, and I suspect happens because the way it is displaying many items is buggy (I’ve noticed scrolling through my videos sometimes you will see ‘duplicate’ videos because it’s not properly refreshing/displaying the contents). You MUST fix this ASAP - if I hadn’t caught this, it could have been a disaster for us.
2. Small but very annoying: on macOS startup, the menu bar item shows its drop-down menu contents.
3. PLEASE include a way to change the sorting method
4. PLEASE include a way to look into PROJECTS and/or ALBUMS. Once you have more than 20 or so videos on the service, organizing by this becomes a MUST.
Very Buggy – Unusable
My first attempt: I was able to open the app and connect to FCPX just fine. But then the Vimeo log-in window remained locked into the lower left corner of my display, and it completely disappeared when I clicked to another app (my password manage) to get my password. I couldn't switch back to Vimeo at all. Had to use acvitiy monitor to quit and restart. After restarting and logging in, the app window once again was stuck in lower left corner. I tried to move it, and the app froze and disappeared. I couldn't restart until quitting again through Activity Monitor. Clicking on app icon does nothing because a Vimeo process is running in background, even though app can't be accessed. Pretty bad first experience...gave up. Bummer :(
FinalCut connection not working
The menu bar feature seems great. But when connecting the app to FinalCut, I get an error message that “The User’s Library folder must be selected.”
It is selected. When you click connect, the navigation window pops up. I selected the library folder, but every time I click Connect, it gives me the same error message.
But like I said. The menu bar feature seems great.
- 20.1 MB
- macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Vimeo, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.