By Vine Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Vine is the best way to see and share life in motion. Create short, beautiful, looping videos in a simple and fun way for your friends and family to see.
• Unlimited uploads and free
• Instantly post videos on Vine, then share to Twitter and Facebook (more coming soon!)
• Find, follow, and interact with people close to you
• Explore trending posts, featured hashtags and editor's picks
• And so much more
Vine supports iPhone 3GS and higher.
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.4.8
• Quick reply to comments
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
What's more authentic than an almost 7 second video?
Some ideas I've picked up
I've been reading a lot of these reviews and many have great suggestions that could work with Vine. I'm just going to sum up the ideas on one review.
1) Giving Revines their own tab: Navigating profiles would be so much cleaner. No one likes to deal with a huge page of Revines.
2) Creating a Timeline system: Viewers could have a way to jump to far back posts without having to scroll down for five minutes. (Ex: I hit a tab that takes me back to posts created in October.)
3) Uploading camera roll videos to Vine: There are too many problems with this idea. Less creativity, more stress to be perfect, people could upload videos they do not own, etc.
4) Specific Reporting: When reporting we should be able to mark the post as either offensive, explicit, sexual, etc. The report would then go to... Wherever it goes to.
Great in Theory, Perverted in Practice
Vine, as a concept, is brilliant. The constricted temporal nature, the looping; as a medium, it’s fantastic.
The app itself has its flaws, but it’s infinite scrolling for browsing is addicting and engaging. Actually shooting videos, while imperfect, is as good as most solutions.
Vine’s real problem is becoming its prepubescent girls’ worshiping of prepubescent boys. If you’re neither of the aforementioned groups, or if you have no interest in said groups, you’re going to find yourself disappointed while browsing the popular page.
As another reviewer mentioned, an editors selection page with these limited, vapid, soulless, banal videos would be a fantastic addition. The way it’s currently going, Vine has just about been reduced to an immense disappointment; but perhaps it’s an acute, very, very disappointing barometer of trending social norms.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 14, 2014
- Version: 1.4.8
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: VINE LABS INC
- © 2013 Vine Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.