Shoot retro-style silent videos with one tap.
Just press the record button to turn everyday scenes into hundred years old movies!
[Record stylized videos]
- What you see in the preview is what you record
- You can append as many cuts as you like
- Free recording for 20 seconds for the Black & White Film, 6 seconds for others: best for SNS!
[Realistic vintage effects]
- Unique analog films effects: dirt noise, frameshifting
- The "Burning" effect when you stop playback
- The "Film End" effect after completing playback
- Realistic mechanical sounds make recording even enjoyable!
- All the main features are on one screen: record, playback, and camera flip
- Share your creations from the top-left menu
- You can always cancel exporting video by tapping the screen
[PRO features] (requires a purchase)
- Extend all films to 5 minutes
- Record sound
- Full control of noise settings
- Import video from the camera roll
- Use front camera
- Square view/ square video export
- Fast & reverse play
- Free upcoming features
When you publish your work, please let us know with the tag #vintagefilmcam.
Can't wait to see your awesome artwork!
Limitations for now:
- Original color video recording will not be saved
- Cannot edit after recording. Please export the video and use other tools
We look forward to your opinions and requests.
Fixed a bug for some users while purchasing the PRO features.
Ratings and Reviews
I really want to love this app. It just needs to provide the user with more control over the image. It would be great if we could decide how pronounced we want different effects like dust, scratches, soft focus, jitter, burn, etc. As it stands, the old film effect is too much for me. I’d like to use this app to gather a few fun shots at the weddings I film, but I think the 8mm look is a little too degraded for many purposes. Also, the ability to choose different film “stocks” would be fantastic! The developers should do some research in this area. I know it has different looks you can choose from, but I’m talking about providing choices that mimic actual 8mm film stocks. And while the developers are at it, they could make the interface look a lot more like a retro camera, just as icing on the cake. It’s too plain. This app definitely has potential!
paid for the pro version and it was working fine until the apps front camera decided to go upside down. i deleted the app hoping if i redownloaded it would fix the issue but the app asked me to PAY AGAIN. had to call apple support to refund my money. i tried downloading & paying for the pro version again and same thing happened. the front camera works for 5 minutes and then it goes upside down permanently. whats funny to me is that this app is $3.99 and the reviews have stated this glitch among other annoyances in this app and the developers have done absolutely nothing. if they dont come up with a fix within the week i will be calling apple support for another refund and i will not give this app another chance. $4 app is on the pricy side for you guys to do NOTHING to improve in months WOW, such a fun app ruined by laziness!
Developer Response ,
Sorry for your inconvenience. There is a setting called "Flip selfie" in the Effects tab (Please tap the center-left film shaped button to go into the settings). Please also check your device's "Portrait Orientation Lock" setting and make sure it's OFF.
Good i like the way it performs but if it can catch more video record then i must say i llooovvee it and share more with others so that they can use this entrtaining and amazing app and get this app more viral .. so requesting u please would u make it more extend the recording so that we can go through our actions for more short period of time and get end our actions or whatever that complte the work nicely ... hope updated! 🙁😊
- Daichi Sasaki
- 36.8 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Kakumei
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Pro Features $5.99
- Upgrade Black & White film to 5-minute film AND remove ads $0.99
- Upgrade Color Film to 5-minute film AND remove ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.