VIP Access for iPhone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Symantec Validation & ID Protection (VIP) Access helps protect your online accounts and transactions. VIP Access provides simple, strong authentication when you sign in to your VIP-enabled accounts.
VIP Access lets you add strong authentication to your normal login in one of the following ways:
• Dynamically generate a one-time use security code on your mobile device. Enter that code along with your username and password.
• Receive a push notification on your mobile device that you approve as authentication.
• Use TouchID or your VIP PIN in a push notification to authenticate yourself on your mobile device.
Note: The strong authentication method you use depends on the method implemented by your participating organization. TouchID authentication requires that your mobile device is TouchID capable and that you have registered a fingerprint on the device.
Use VIP Access at participating organizations such as eBay, PayPal, E*TRADE, or any one of the hundreds of sites within the VIP Network:
Be sure to read the VIP End User Agreement after downloading VIP Access: m.vip.symantec.com/eula.v
What's New in Version 3.1
• Full support for Apple Watch, including:
• Ability to obtain security codes on the watch
• Ability to view, and approve or deny, VIP Access push transactions on the watch
• Interactive notification support
• Optional, darker theme for the VIP Access app (enable in Settings)
• Multiple usability and accessibility fixes
Gets the job done.
Works well, and the developers have been responsive to feedback, most recently addressing some flaws in the “new” UI (e.g., the low contrast between text and background by providing a “dark” setting), but haven’t addressed others, (e.g., that the start/finish point is at the bottom, and that it runs counter clockwise, both of which are counter intuitive).
I’m pleased that something I’m forced to use works this well and has good support.
Thanks for listening and adding support for Apple Watch!
App works fine for me when logging in to a PC, but I'd like to be able to access it from lock screen on my iPhone 6 AND add would love to have this app work on Apple Watch as either a "complication" or a "glance."
All the features that I thought this app should have are made available with this update.. Interactive notification 👍🏼. Please make this 2-factor authentication available for 3rd party logins as well.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 15, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Symantec
- © 2015 Symantec Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.