User-friendly and reliable Mac FTP/FTPS/SFTP/WebDav/AS3 client.
Viper FTP Lite is a handy and powerful file manager for macOS, with a tremendous user interface that makes it effortless to use.
Viper FTP Lite helps in local and remote file management (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDav, Amazon S3, and YouTube-upload). All hidden and system files are visible allowing users to locate a file just by typing its name. Viper FTP Lite allows users to share items via Mail app, make the HTTP URL of a specific file and swiftly compare files and folders.
Viper FTP Lite does what you expect - it lets you connect to remote servers and upload and download files, dragging-and-dropping, bookmarking servers and the like.
- Local and remote file management (FTP, SFTP, WebDav, Amazon S3, YouTube-upload)
- Local file encrypting and decrypting using AES-256 standard.
- Last connections, Bookmarks, Bonjour, Favourites can be managed in one place.
- Monitors everything you have done and keeps a record in the History Log.
- Each transfer you start has it's own trace log to watch how the transfer is going on.
- Converting remote file/folder into HTTP/HTTPS address with an instant email option.
- Find everything fast. Just type the name to locate the files, or use a filter to display specific types of files.
- Viper FTP allows you to quickly preview your image, video, audio and other files.
- Scan for any working FTP servers in your LAN with Bonjour.
- Using the toolbar for keeping your favourite servers gives an instant access to the remote locations.
- All files (hidden, system) are visible. To locate a file just start typing its name.
- Files/folders compare.
- Local zip, tar, tgz, gz archive management.
- New File Compare module
- Improved preview window - support for more file formats
- Bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Very intuitive to use. Did not even have to use the Help section. Some limitations, but if you need more features. I would not hesitate to buy their premium version. THANK YOU! A big improvement over the free FileZilla.
It didn’t work first time out. I needed an FTP app right away so I D/L another one. It didn’t work either and I figured the problem was on my end so I went back to this app and it functioned flawlessly. Transferred 80+MB in minutes. I’ll probably purchase the upgrade just to see how much better it is over the lite version. I used to use Fetch all the time but they now want twice as much as the full version of Viper FTP. The lite version works fine for a small user but it’s good to support developers that offer a free or trial version. I’m happy.
Finally an FTP application on the app store that is free
Apple has a problem with Mac OSX and that is that the app store is nearly useless, almost all programs charge money and all the great free applications require hunting around on the internet where you risk being exposed to viruses and other nasties. Viper FTP looks great and compact, runs excellent as well and looks nice on 4k and 5k screens alike. Very glad to have found this on the app store and use it as my defacto FTP client. As my FTP use increases I will certianly consider upgrading to the paid version
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.