This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of its all-new 4th generation Viper SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Apple Watch.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Viper SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
Viper SmartStart GPS lets you locate your vehicle or get notified via alerts if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Viper SmartStart also includes membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire.
- Convenient widget provides quick access to sending commands
- Two new dashboards added that allow you to pick the layout and features most important to you
- Enhanced remote start feedback: the app confirms the command and then follows it up a few moments later to let you know if the engine is running, or stopped (digital systems only). The details are provided right on the dashboard too, no need to check your status page all the time.
- Enhanced command feedback: Now when you send a command to your SmartStart system, the app provides the details for the command right on the dashboard and keeps them there in case you forget and want to check back later to confirm what happened. Doors locked at 8:30AM? Check! (all systems)
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan (requires user to sign up via mysmartstart web site).
What's New in Version 4.3.3
•Improved Activity page functionality
•Various bug fixes
Best alarm system
I've had the system in my 2011 F150 XLT since it was new. 218,000 miles. It's never let me down. Remote start, lock, unlock work perfect. I got alarm notification on my phone while the truck was at IAH parking and I was in Mexico City. Not much I could do but see it wasn't moved. Someone had just whacked the mirror.
Note: Make sure someone you trust has the app too. I lost my keys and phone in a river and getting into the truck and getting it going was a three day nightmare. That said, customer service was awesome once I got in touch with them.
Worst app ever don’t waste your money!!!!
I wish I could negative star this app if I could. At first everything was great, then the company “switched” to a different carrier shortly after I paid over $500 to get this all installed (not the mention the $60 a year they steal from you for this poor service,) but any ways the app NEVER connects to the car and when you call they try to sell you another module for a “discounted price” of $99. What a rip off. The new module should be free for those who wasted they’re money on this product to begin with. Also it takes a good minute or to before it ever connected to the car with the lock or unlock..... very useless and unhappy customer. Will go elsewhere with my money when the subscription is up.
Worked for a couple days
Had the system professionally installed. When I first used it, I loved everything about it. A week into having it, it stopped working saying there was no service on my vehicle. Issue persisted, and my installer replaced my hardware. I should’ve tested it before leaving because it still is not working. Called Viper customer service and they tried everything to get you off the phone. Rep said they will follow up with me later today, and I sent out an email requesting help. No one from Viper seems to want to help. Will go back to installer to see if there is anything they can do.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 06, 2017
- Version: 4.3.3
- Size: 211 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2015 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.