Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of its all-new 4th generation Viper SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Apple Watch.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Viper SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
- For even more convenience, add a Viper SmartKey module and your car will unlock when it detects you approaching, and lock again automatically when you walk away.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start.
The sleek, modern dashboard of Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, locate your vehicle and add family-friendly features such as SmartFence and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Free features: Viper SmartStart 4.0 also includes free Guest membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. No hardware or service purchase required.
Download the free app and check it out.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 4.2.2
Various bug fixes
Works great but could be better
I bought my Viper over a year ago. One for me and one for my spouse. The main fob has lights on each control while the secondary fob has only one light. The main fob makes noises when the vehicle cranks up and shuts off. The secondary fob only flashes the light for the most part. The viper has worked perfectly. It even indicates when the battery is running out. Because it works off text the app works all of the time. The Fob must also work off text because I have consistently opened and closed the vehicle 100ft away and more. When it's too far away, it flashes an amber color light and makes a boink sound. Bluetooth didn't work very well on mine. May have been the fault of my certified dealer. I got my money back anyways. Would've been great if it did. That's where the vehicle locks or unlocks as you are approaching or leaving it. Fabulous. Cons: The App or the fob or preferably both need to scream like bloody hell when the alarm goes off but it doesn't. The alarm going off has no indicator other that a note on the app. If you're more than 200ft away you will never know that someone has broken your glass and made off with all you shtuff. The look of the app is also boring but at least tells you what has happened.
Works, but cannot be counted upon. App doesn't show connectivity status. Frequently starts car but doesn't show it's started. How do you know? Revised interface was terrible. Glad they went back. Need to have even that more simplified though. Cell bars show. Start is pressed. Cell bars go away. Is the app connected to the vehicle or not? Confusing. Now that it is cold and wintry, your desire for a fairly costly option on your vehicle to work properly is much higher. When the Reliability is lacking though, the frustration levels kick in. Please devote some time to improving baseline performance. I wasn't even in a parking garage last night (with full bars of cell service) and it wouldn't start. Again, improve the basics instead of sending me enhancement requests about GPS locate garbage. Maybe I should've just bought a 2 way keyfob style starter 2 years ago instead. Please make improvements and win back my loyalty. Otherwise, my expletive tirade when hopping into a car in 6 degree temperatures when I thought the thing was started will continue. ...And they're all directed at you Viper. Help.
Happy So Far
Read some not so encouraging reviews but went for the install anyway. Very happy with it. Strong coverage from Verizon and working great. Maybe my app isn't current but I don't seem to have some of the features I've read about (hot zones, parking meter etc). I really like the smart fence features. I have one set up for my house and the other for my work. What I would suggest Viper add is more of these. AND the ability to save your current spot as a smart fence. For example I just left my car at the train station. I could not set a smart fence alert for it because there is no address. If they would allow you to set a smart fence by dropping a pin or using your coordinates when there is no address to enter that would be great. All in all love the system.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 07, 2016
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 135 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2015 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.