Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of its all-new 4th generation Viper SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Apple Watch.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Viper SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
- For even more convenience, add a Viper SmartKey module and your car will unlock when it detects you approaching, and lock again automatically when you walk away.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start.
The sleek, modern dashboard of Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, locate your vehicle and add family-friendly features such as SmartFence and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Free features: Viper SmartStart 4.0 also includes free Guest membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. No hardware or service purchase required.
Download the free app and check it out.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 4.3
-Added compatibility for new DS4/DS4+ systems
-Minor bug fixes
If you want to be locked out of your own car 5 out of every 10 times you need to get into your car, then this is the perfect app for you. This app is for specifically designed for people who like unreliability. It fails more than it succeeds at communicating with your car, no matter where your car is. I have 5 bars of strength all the time, both on my phone and on the indicator inside the app that represents the signal strength of the SmartStart device in the car. It doesn't matter where my car is; the SmartStart app is still completely unreliable. The most fun is when the temp is below zero outside, and like a moron I'm standing outside for three minutes fiddling with the SmartStart app, praying that it will eventually work and unlock my car. I've emailed tech support and even received an automated response indicating that my email was received, and so far 15 days later I've received no response so I decided it was time for a scathing review so those interested would know what to expect from this product and this company.
I've always had Viper alarms but I wouldn't purchase the Smart Start accessory if I could do it all over again. There's lots of potential but 70% the time it's unreliable (error message will say to make sure your car is in good cell reception but Houston isn't a small city and Verizon is everywhere). It also uses the slower 3G signal (why would they do this?). There's no real functionality that you don't get from your two way remote. Car stolen and want to shut it off from your app? Nope. It has a fence feature for notifications of car movement but no scheduler for it (seriously?). Want to control your sensors from the app? Nope again. Alarm went off and want to know which sensor triggered it? App can't tell you. The list of disappointments goes on and on. For the price and required yearly subscription service, you'd think some of this would be possible. Spend your money elsewhere. Stay clear of this add-on. It's extremely disappointing.
1 star for watch
The phone app works great for me. No problems!
I do have issues with the watch app though. Unless I have the phone app recently run and backgrounding the watch app doesn't seem to work. I always get an error message saying something went wrong.
Also, if I tip my wrist slightly and the screen turns off after I have hit lock/unlock it won't work at all.
It'd be really awesome if the watch app could be made reliable and standalone.
*Note that I do use the password protection on my phone app. Maybe the watch app isn't interacting with the phone app because of the password. I don't know.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 16, 2017
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 156 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2015 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.