Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of its all-new 4th generation Viper SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Apple Watch.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Viper SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
- For even more convenience, add a Viper SmartKey module and your car will unlock when it detects you approaching, and lock again automatically when you walk away.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start.
The sleek, modern dashboard of Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, locate your vehicle and add family-friendly features such as SmartFence and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Free features: Viper SmartStart 4.0 also includes free Guest membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. No hardware or service purchase required.
Download the free app and check it out.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 4.1
enhancements to Map page, fixed password rule issue for Register feature, Status refresh icon, misc. bug fixes
Viper smart start
Needs some updating , it's a little slow with responding ! Also the check mark is useless the old notification worked better I believe the start of the engine sound. Being that it is cellular it needs a better response when trying to do commands. Also liked when using app it made car engine noise some time of nita faction need to be in place to let know when car started sometime when I use app and I think car has started it hadn't. Please update ASAP !! Its July and the smart start app always sights me out I put pass word in and doesn't work I do a pass word reset and then reset with new pass word but still doesn't work.
It seems only folks who have had issues have posted reviews. Perhaps their installer didn't do as good a job as mine. I've had my Smartstart installed on two vehicles for over a year now. Response from the vehicle is almost instantaneous. I've gotten alerts that the alarm on my wife's car was triggered, and love that the app can monitor multiple vehicles on the same account. Viper rocks!
Nice app but it's got problems
I really like how this app works and it's pretty user friendly however there are a couple bugs. 1: it logs you out quite often requiring you to have to re-enter your password. Very annoying when you are trying to get in your vehicle in a hurry 2: if you are on wifi and lose your connection(if you walk out of the house) while you are in the app you won't be able to unlock your vehicle.
Very cool app but could definitely use a little TLC on the backend
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 15, 2016
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 86.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2015 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.