Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of its all-new 4th generation Viper SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Apple Watch.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Viper SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
- For even more convenience, add a Viper SmartKey module and your car will unlock when it detects you approaching, and lock again automatically when you walk away.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start.
The sleek, modern dashboard of Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, locate your vehicle and add family-friendly features such as SmartFence and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Free features: Viper SmartStart 4.0 also includes free Guest membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. No hardware or service purchase required.
Download the free app and check it out.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
- Added remote start runtime counter (digital systems only)
- Added signal strength indicator (all systems)
- Bug fixes
Need support for multiple vehicles on Watch and want car logo back
Increasing to 5 stars with this review, it fixed the issue where you have no feedback of start success that stays visible.
I do wish the car logo were visible.
The changes to version 4.0 are purely cosmetic and no easier. So you swipe tpward rather than push a button, not important. But I liked having your selected vehicle pictured (logo or photo as you upload) on the home page.
And the Apple Watch for those of us with multiple vehicles is almost useless. You have to get out the iPhone to select the vehicle, and doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the convenience of the Apple Watch? The argument that there’s no real estate on the phone to select a vehicle is not true, many ways such as Shep37’s suggestion to use Force Touch to open a selection menu.
It’s also buggy, selecting the vehicle on the iPhone may or may not be reflected on the Apple Watch.
Great update but still some bugs to fix
The update improved the response to the car and all is great with starting and connecting from phone to car. But 2 issues still remain. The Apple Watch function stays loading. And the setting for cold start. When the alert goes off on your phone to start your car because of the temperature it is set on. It give you the option to start the car. But the car doesn't start. It may be something simple hoping they can fix. Other than that it's worth every penny. Than directed awesome app!!!
I love the update especially, the fact that you can schedule when you want to start your vehicle. However, there are two reasons why I did not give this app five stars!!! Number one it connects very slow to my car due to the status bars (it connected much quicker when it was just a green light)!!! Number two I would like for my phone to sound the alarm as well instead of just a text message to notify that the alarm has been triggered!!! I think fixing these two problems would make this app a tremendous asset.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 10, 2016
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 135 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2015 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.