Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of its all-new 4th generation Viper SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Apple Watch.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Viper SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
- For even more convenience, add a Viper SmartKey module and your car will unlock when it detects you approaching, and lock again automatically when you walk away.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start.
The sleek, modern dashboard of Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, locate your vehicle and add family-friendly features such as SmartFence and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Free features: Viper SmartStart 4.0 also includes free Guest membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. No hardware or service purchase required.
Download the free app and check it out.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 4.2
- Enhanced remote start feedback: Ever started your car from your smartphone, but weren’t sure afterwards if the car was actually running? No problem with v4.2, the app confirms the command and then follows it up a few moments later to let you know if the engine is running, or stopped (digital systems only). The details are provided right on the dashboard too, no need to check the status page.
- Enhanced command feedback: Now when you send a command to your SmartStart system, the app provides the details for the command right on the dashboard and keeps them there in case you forget and want to check back later to confirm what happened. Doors locked at 8:30AM? Check! (all systems)
- Last command sent: Tired of having to refresh the Status page and wait for it to update just so you could check on whether you remembered to lock the doors? Now you can simply open the Status page and your last command sent is displayed at the top.
- New Help page: Allows SmartStart users to troubleshoot issues, leave us feedback, or connect directly with our support team through the app.
- Other bug & crash fixes: Good news! We’ve found and fixed the bug that was causing the app to occasionally log users out when they relaunched the app.
The app works ok for me when it works. It seems that every time I want to use it I have to login. This is a pain and time consuming. In addition Viper has made it even more inconvenient by not allowing a password change to something I would know. It should be an option but doesn't work. In order for this app to be convenient and useful the logins need to stick and there should be no need to login every time you open the app. Or at least make this app compatible with the thumb print login that's been available for years now. I will say that the alerts are hit and miss. Sometimes I get them but most of the time they don't work properly. This is valuable if you lock your keys in the car (if you can remember the password Viper assigned).
I don't know why some people are having trouble with their systems. After a defective module was replaced a couple of years ago when it was first installed, it has worked beautifully. My iPhone SE and my wife's Galaxy S3 work great. Signed up for three years so I'm good to go. I think it's a great system. New update worked except the status page was not refreshing but now it seems to be working properly. Love it!
Works great! But missing huge opportunity
This works great but with iOS 10 there is a huge opportunity to make this so much cooler. Viper needs to allow Siri to access the app. Imagine telling Siri "start my car". I hope you guys do that
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 20, 2016
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 133 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2015 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.