By Felix Hard
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Play sessions are quick and challenging in this on-the-go action roguelike, featuring an infinite number of randomly generated levels and enemy patterns along with tons of weapons and other gear. Every round is guaranteed to be different as you fight your way through hordes of enemies, all to the steady beat of a crisp chiptune soundtrack.
Full version of Virexian is unlocked through a one-time in app purchase of ~$1.99 USD (local pricing may vary).
- Over 50 weapons along with numerous upgrades and variations to frame and movement modules, diversifying play styles across runs by changing the way you deal damage, move around and resist enemy attacks.
- Dynamic level generation that guarantees that no two levels are the same. Areas can be narrow and favor close range combat or large and leaving you without cover, or anything in between. Adjust your approach to your surroundings to get as far as possible.
- Controls are specifically designed to be simple and direct on a touch screen. Easy to learn, difficult to master.
- Large variation on enemies and numerous bosses. The difficulty increases as the game progresses, making the enemies more aggressive and powerful.
- Five original music tracks composed by chiptune artist Starving GOGO on genuine old school gaming hardware.
- Minimalistic art style that mixes new with old, and renders everything easily readable due to vibrant colors and distinct shapes, even when the entire screen is covered with bullets.
What's New in Version 1.3.4
Bug fixes, primarily the error causing enemies to spawn outside of boss rooms in very rare cases.
This is my favorite game by far. I play free mode constantly while waiting for something or a long car ride. I intend to buy the paid version soon and I will update this review when I do.
My only complaint is the repetition of level design, but I understand that more variants of enemies, weapons, and game modes will be added soon.
I played and got to level 51 before my phone died😂, on the other hand, amazing game. Worth money
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 24, 2017
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Felix Hard
- © First Mutant & Felix Hard
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Virexian - Full Game$1.99