Virgil Out Loud
By Paul Hudson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hear Latin come to life with an all-new recording of four key passages in Virgil's Aeneid, following along with the text as it's read. If you've never heard Virgil out loud before, this is an unmissable opportunity!
- All passages recorded by Dr Llewelyn Morgan of Brasenose College, Oxford, based on extensive research into Classical Latin pronunciation - just tap a line number to hear it.
- You have complete control over the reading: play each line individually, or let the app play the entire passage for you. Plus you can have the app pause after each line to give you time to understand the Latin.
- Follow along with Virgil's Latin text, and set the font size and theme to match your preferred reading environment.
- Jump-start your reading of the Aeneid with an overview introduction from Stephen Jenkin, creator of the Classics Library.
- Best of all, this app is completely free: it's our gift to Latin students everywhere!
This lovely app is absolutely wonderful and shall surely be enjoyed by all lovers of Virgil!
- Category: Education
- Released: Aug 27, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 18.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paul Hudson
- © 2013 Paul Hudson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.