By Virgin Pulse, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The free Virgin Pulse app is designed to work with the Virgin Pulse program and the Max™ activity tracker. The app takes the core features of the program and puts them at your fingertips for on-the-go healthy living!
KEEP TRACK OF YOUR PROGRESS
· Track steps, calories burned, distance, and active minutes
· Track your points, and progress to the next milestone
· Track your rewards
SYNC YOUR MAX™
· Automatically sync your Max™ activity tracker with your iPhone 4S or newer (and other iOS devices that support Bluetooth 4.0)
· Earn points for your activity
· No Max? Use the app for all the great features described above.
SUPPORT FOR TWO PROGRAMS!
· Check the screenshots: we support two programs with different experiences!
· When you login, you will receive the one for YOU
· These sync to your account and your activities!
INTEGRATES WITH HEALTHKIT!
· Send Max™ steps, calories burned, and active minutes to Health App from Virgin Pulse!
· Use your iPhone or Apple Watch steps in the Virgin Pulse program!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.0.191
Bikers rejoice! Connect your Strava account from the Virgin Pulse App. Additional connections can be made under the Devices & Apps section. See you out there!
Not sure what other people are having issues with..
This app has had its share of small bugs over the last year, but I've never once had it not work. I've had 4 different fitness devices, by 2 different manufacturers. All worked fine, when set up properly with Apple HealthKit. I believe this is where many have the issue. If you don't give the app permissions to do the job, don't blame the app. Apple requires you grant the permissions, or it won't work.
That said, notifications are a little buggy in the latest version. Working some days, and not others. The previous version didn't have this issue.
I've used this app with iOS versions 8.4 through 10.2. No problems!
I have to use this app as part of my wellness for my job. I have an Apple Watch that I use with the app. The major problem I have is that it only counts your steps. It does not count your active minutes from the watch. You have to use another app like Strava, and that doesn't always work. When you also keep your calories on the My Fitness Pal app, it does not pick it up. I have to constantly disconnect it and then reconnect it to get my points. And with Strava, if you break up your workouts, it won't give you credit unless you do 45 minutes straight. Virgin Pulse needs a lot of updating to make it more user friendly. I wouldn't use it if I didn't have to. There are much better apps out there.
Super engaging, love the daily reminders
This is a must-have app for all levels of readiness. From those who are actively looking to become healthier, to those who are already healthy but are looking for new fun ways to do more. I love the daily reminders and the ability to share tips via email or social media right from the app. It's an easy way to better my lifestyle choices, right in the convenience of my hand!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 3.0.191
- Size: 140 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Virgin Pulse, Inc
- © Virgin Pulse 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.