The Virginian-Pilot for iPad V2
By The Virginian-Pilot
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hampton Roads news now on your iPad in a quick, convenient, easy-to-read format.
The latest local news, scores, and photos you expect from THE VIRGINIAN-PILOT daily.
• Full access is included with your Pilot membership. Visit http://register.hamptonroads.com to register for a user name and password to log in.
• This is an exact replica of The Pilot for a familiar layout.
• Automatically starts downloading today’s edition once the app is opened. Progressive downloading continues so you can start reading through pages while still downloading content in the background. You can begin reading at a different point in the edition and content will begin buffering from that point forward to ensure you read what you want first.
• A beautiful article view is available while online with a simple double-tap of the screen. Text size is adjustable.
• Offline reading now available.
• Sharing options now available via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Browse the main news, local news, sports, business, feature, opinion, and obituary sections with an easy navigation bar, table of contents, and search feature.
• Bookmark favorite articles for future reference.
• Two issues available for free to all app users. To view all current issues if you are not a Pilot member, a paid subscription is required. A digital membership to access ALL Pilot products is $10/month. Introductory offers are available. Visit http://membership.hamptonroads.com.
• Pilot Customer Service can be reached at (757)446-9000 or (800)446-2005.
About In-App Subscriptions and Auto-Renewal:
• The Virginian-Pilot offers monthly iPad Edition Only subscriptions for $7.99 per month or yearly iPad Edition subscriptions for $79.99 per year through iTunes. Access to other Pilot digital products is not included.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed.
What's New in Version 2.5
· Article View available offline
· Swipe to flip between articles
· Bug fixes
The app itself Is not a bad app. It does what it says it will do. It looks good very easy to navigate. The big problem that I have, is when I tried to cancel the subscription. There is no way to cancel the subscription online or thru the app. I called customer service and they told me that I have to delete the app from my iPad, then, for some unknown and completely ridiculous reason, I have to actually CALL iTunes and have have them cancel my subscription. Talk about making it very hard to do something that EVERY OTHER app that anyone on the planet makes allows you to do with a touch of a button. I was honestly so mad about all the hoops that you have to jump thru that I also cancelled my home delivery. I grew up with the Virginian Pilot. It used to be a great source of information. All it is now is 10% news and 90% advertisements. Trust me, unless you like to read the comics, or do the crosswords, the paper is not worth it anymore. It was getting bad when every article I read in the morning I had read word for word the day before online. Don't waste your time or money on this app. It's $7.99 you can't get back and a lot of time wasted trying to cancel your subscription when you realize it's not worth it.
The v2 app is excellent, delivering a real newspaper reading experience even though you're online. The paper appears as the editors laid it out. There's a top menu that supports quickly navigating between sections, and you navigate through each section by flipping the page. You simply touch an article and it pops up for easy reading, then can easily follow the article as it continues on another page, and once done, can quickly return to the page on which you started. Prior issues are available to peruse as well. Finally, if your connection time is limited you can download the paper for offline reading. All in all, this is a fantastic app.
PLEASE UPDATE ALREADY!
When the app works, it works fairly well. Although about half the time it's not possible to go back to the full page view after zooming in on an article. I've found that 'pinching' it closed works. Today I went through half of the paper when it suddenly logged me out, telling me I was not authorized to have access. I had to log back in to continue. It kept happening so I gave up on reading today's paper. Looking at the version history of this app, I was appalled to see the last update was TWO years ago! Plenty of negative reviews in the meantime, though. We all know that newspapers are losing customers on a daily basis. This aberration of an app does NOT help. Fix it already.