Hampton Roads news now on your iOS device in a quick, convenient, easy-to-read format.
The latest local news, scores, and photos you expect from THE VIRGINIAN-PILOT daily.
• This is an exact replica of The Pilot for a familiar layout.
• A beautiful article view is available while online with a simple double-tap of the screen. Text size is adjustable.
• Offline reading available.
• Sharing options now available via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Browse the main news, local news, sports, business, feature, opinion, and obituary sections with an easy navigation bar, table of contents, and search feature.
• Pilot Customer Service can be reached at (757)446-9000 or (800)446-2005.
Completely redesigned interface that provides cross-platform uniformity as well as multiple layout options.
Ratings and Reviews
Buggiest App Ever
I have been a subscriber to the Pilot for nearly 20 years but I am about ready to cancel my subscription or go back to all "paper" delivery. Maybe it's my imagination but this app seems to get worse every week in terms of difficulty to navigate, staying on a page to read an article, emailing an article, you name it! There used to be an app prior to this one that worked VERY well but in their infinite wisdom the Pilot decided to eliminate it and move to this nearly unusable piece of ... Until they fix the MANY issues, DON'T use it!
Sloppy Interface. Ads even with e-subscription.
Edit: I got a pop-up notification from this app telling me I was randomly selected to win a price if I just clicked a link to some fraud FB site and give them all my info. That's the last straw I'm reporting this app.
The interface is sloppy and poorly thought out. The "Tools" overlaps the expanded table of contents. The "Pages" tab overlaps the story title at the bottom. The layout and style is choppy and inconsistent.
Don't press the ? Because you get stuck in a never ending tutorial loop.
On top of that you get double ads! Not only are there print ads in the paper but you get electronic banner ads as well. I'm paying for an online e-subscription but have no way to turn off the ads. This app is horrible.
Replica mode runs very slowly on an older iPad (gen 3) and the interface is unforgiving--flipping pages unexpectedly. Cannot be oriented vertically. Permanent ad bar in addition to paper ads seems out of touch with other apps, where paid subscription removes the Ads and nags. The indistinguishable olive app was just fine. I'm not sure I understand what these changes are intended to accomplish. As a subscriber, I seem to be losing functionality with each update.
- The Virginian-Pilot
- 24.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 The Virginian-Pilot
- In-App Purchases
- Virginian-Pilot for iPad V2 subscription $7.99
- Virginian-Pilot for iPad V2 subscription $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.