Virtru Email Encryption
By Virtru Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Virtru makes email encryption easy. Set it up in just a minute using your existing email address and just flip a switch for any message you want to protect. Your message and any file attachments, including pictures, can only be decrypted by people you authorize.
• Client-side encryption. Messages are encrypted before they leave your phone and remain secure no matter where they travel.
• You authorize who has access to your content. No one else can decrypt (not even your mail provider).
• Supports email messages and file attachments, including pictures.
Virtru Basic encryption is completely free and not limited in any way. Send and receive as many messages as you want.
If you want even more control over your content or need to use Virtru for business emails or compliance, upgrade to Virtru Pro to:
• Revoke access to messages and attachments even after they've been opened.
• Set expiration dates for your messages.
• See and control where your messages are forwarded.
• Set DLP rules to detect and automatically encrypt certain sensitive content.
• View real-time read receipts to see when recipients have accessed your encrypted messages.
• Helps enable HIPAA, FERPA, CFPB, and CJIS compliance.
Virtru is easy for your recipients too -- they don't even need to install anything to read and reply to your messages. And if they want to send their own secure messages, they can download our free app or plug-in.
With Virtru, you don’t need a separate account — use it with Gmail or any other email provider. You can send secure messages to anyone anywhere, regardless of their email provider or what software they use to read their email. Virtru also works on your desktop with free plug-ins for Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Outlook.
Virtru is secure (256-bit encryption) and completely private (only you and your intended receives can access your content). Virtru’s basic service is completely free.
Just install the app and you’ll be sharing with confidence in less than a minute.
See what the New York Times had to say here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/technology/personaltech/ways-to-protect-your-email-after-you-send-it.html
Interested in Virtru's client-side encryption for Google Drive? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
- Fixed possible crash when launching app.
Outstanding encryption with ease of use. Use it for G Suite (all accounts) and even live.com and hotmail accounts. I'd like to know how to test the encryption protection by perhaps trying to intercept the message midstream and see if I can open a message not intended for the emails address trying to open it.