By Digital Monitoring Products, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Virtual Keypad™ App allows you to control your security system on-the-go. You can connect to your home or small business system to arm or disarm, control lights, locks, thermostats and other automated services with the touch of a button. Even view & record video from up to 6 cameras.
The App requires a compatible control panel & applicable service. Many people save money by upgrading to cellular alarm communications and eliminating their home or office phone line. For more information about upgrading your alarm system contact your DMP installing alarm company today.
The Virtual Keypad App offers the following features:
- System Arming/Disarming
- All/ Perimeter, Home/Sleep/Away or Multi-Area Operation
- Panel Output Status and Control
- Control of Z-Wave Thermostats, Lights, Locks and Garage Door
- Favorites (control multiple Z-Wave devices with a single button)
- Actions allow you to associate Favorites to activate specific events
- Program a picture (you take) of your room with hotspots that control your devices
- Real-time weather for your local zip code
- Sensor activity zone setting
- View live video and Clips from Cameras
- User code management includes the ability to add, delete or edit users from your system on XR150, XR350, XR550 (software v 1.05) and XT systems (v 1.17)
- Receive push notifications and view history of alarm events, arming/disarming, and troubles by other users on your system
- Allows editing & management of user profiles for the XR150, XR350 & XR550
All features may not come standard with your App. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.0.2
- Fixed: When going to the doors sections for the first time without z-wave the loading message would not be removed if you had 734 doors. We have fixed this and you should no longer have issues.
- Fixed: When you edit an existing schedule on a day without a time, the schedule will now set the correct day.
I'm shocked that an app for the security conscious does not have fingerprint recognition abilities.
I've also (already!) experienced the lag time I've seen in other reviews (and I just downloaded this today!).
On the other hand, so far it's proven more effective than texting our system the way we used to.
Still behind the curve
I second the criticism by Just the Facts. The update still does not provide the ability to schedule z-wave units and is a major conceptual failure. It's asking much of customers to accept technology stuck in the last century.
Update: welcome to 1980! Now we can schedule, but it rarely works. Updated all z-wave times to adjust for the end of daylight-saving time. Not one functioned as programmed. None. Zero. 100% failure rate. This software is best described as junk!
Update 2: new version and my opinion remains the same. It just does not work.
Update 3: Another update and another round of a non-functional app. It's a joke that they cannot create a functional app!
Worthless. Reinstalled on iPhone won't let me log in unless I agree to terms and conditions. There is NO WAY to agree. If you touch the terms and conditions link it comes up but only has a link to Dismiss. What are they thinking? Even when the app was working was buggy and delayed, calling alarm company and advising them they need a new app provider
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 22, 2016
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 43.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Spanish
- Seller: Digital Monitoring Products, Inc.
- © 2015 Digital Monitoring Products, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.