The Virtual Keypad™ App gives you control of your security system on-the-go. Connect to your home or business system to arm or disarm, control lights, locks, thermostats and more, easily with your app. Even view and record video from your security cameras.
With the Virtual Keypad App, you can:
• Arm and disarm your system
• View what’s happening at your home or business
• Control Z-Wave-connected devices such as thermostats, lights, locks and garage doors individually or all at once
• Set up Actions to automatically control your system throughout the day
• View and control Z-Wave devices using a photo or a security camera
• Receive notifications when doors are opened or closed
• View security cameras and your recorded clips
• Add users to your security system from your app
• Search your complete system event history
• Cancel or verify alarms with live video view
The app requires a compatible control panel and connected service. For more information about upgrading your alarm system, contact your DMP installing alarm company today.
All features may not come standard with your app. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Bypass zones from zone status screen
- Set user as inactive on XR systems
- Temporary schedules
- Lockdown override profile option
- User programmable actions
Ratings and Reviews
Decent iPhone app; terrible watch support
I made a strong effort to have a DMP alarm system installed in my business because of its reputation as the de facto alarm system for high security assets. My monitoring company (Alarm Relay) is amazing and I have zero regrets spending the money I did. (SEE UPDATE) HOWEVER, I am disappointed that my Apple Watch has such a hard time connecting to arm and disarm my system. For the money, I feel like this process should be seamless.
UPDATE 2/1/18: DMP has updated the app and the Apple Watch app is very fast now. Doesn’t require any intervention on my iPhone. I will definitely be taking advantage of this feature. For the record, I have DMP systems installed in both of my offices and my home.
Thanks for your feedback and letting us know about your Apple Watch experience. We made additional enhancements to the Apple Watch with our latest release based on your review. If you are still having trouble with the Watch app, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll make sure to get you fixed up! Thank you.
Horrible connectivity issues. Instead of features improve reliability!
I have nothing but issues with DMP VirtualKeypad. It’s filled with connectivity issues constantly. Half the time it says can’t connect or half the time notifications of arming etc are delayed. The servers go down constantly, I can’t even connect to arm the system. It’s not my panel either as it’s connected via Ethernet with cell backup and everything on my end including port forwarding is properly setup. DMP really needs to fix their server side issues which are slow speeds connecting, timing out often and overall reliability. Oh and half the time I open the app it goes to a white blank screen instead of login. Fix this crap before adding more features!!
Poor Apple Watch integration
My sentiments are aligned with the top reviewer of this application. I recognize that there may be some lag time for the application to connect to the Alarm System and retrieve the current status. However, the watch application, by default, will initially report whatever it’s last state was. This can cause me to look at my Watch in the morning after my wife and I leave the home and see that the system appears to be armed. My assumption at this point is that my wife armed the system. However, that is a stale status and the system is typically in a different state. This has resulted in many days of my home going un-protected.
My apologies for the typos, Siri is not my native tongue.
Thanks for letting us know about the status issues you experienced on your Apple Watch. We made additional enhancements to the Apple Watch with our latest release based on your review. If you are still having trouble with the Watch app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make sure to get you fixed up! Thank you.
- Digital Monitoring Products, Inc.
- 172.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Dutch, French, Greek
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Digital Monitoring Products, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.