8x8 Virtual Office
By 8x8, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Manage your business communications from anywhere. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to access 8x8’s Virtual Office business phone, visual voicemail, video calling, chat, fax, presence and Virtual Office Meetings.
• Make calls using your 8x8 calling plan
• Use your business caller ID from any phone
• Call anyone in your company directory with a single touch
• Make 3-way calls
• Use Wi-Fi, 3G/4G/LTE or your cellular minutes
• Forward calls to any device
• Visual voicemail
• Fax management
• Video calling
• Corporate directory presence & chat
• Send and receive SMS messages using your 8x8 business phone number
• HD voice
• Secure voice (premium feature)
• Virtual Office Meetings – collaborate, conduct face-to-face meetings with HD Video (premium feature)
Note: This app is for 8x8 Virtual Office customers only. You must be an existing 8x8 customer to use this application.
Interested in learning more about 8x8 Virtual Office service? Call 8x8 Sales at 866-879-8647.
To use the Virtual Office mobile app:
• Download and install the app on your device
• Login using your 8x8 username and password
• If you don’t have an 8x8 username and password, please contact your company’s phone system administrator
Tip for international travelers:
You can avoid data roaming charges when outside the US by turning off data roaming and using Wi-Fi hotspots instead of your 3G/4G/LTE network; and since your calls are charged under your 8x8 calling plan, you won't have international call roaming charges to deal with.
*Important VoIP over 3G/4G/LTE Notice*
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) functionality over their network, such as the use of VoIP telephony over a cellular network, and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. Be sure to check the terms of your agreement with your cellular phone carrier.
* Voice quality is subject to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE signal quality and available bandwidth *
What's New in Version 6.4
- Introducing CallKit support. Calls and meetings will not be interrupted by cellular calls.
- Answer calls while on the lock screen and while using bluetooth devices
- Better experience for using cellular calls and choosing audio options when in meetings.
Terrible app, terrible company.
Every update makes this app worse to use. 8x8 doesn't care, because they don't have to.
The last update made it ring when the app was closed, not in the background, but CLOSED. 8x8 tried to sell it as a feature!
Now the app takes over my phone when it rings. I'm the backup phone person at my work, I answer maybe a tenth of the calls. I don't want my phone locking up when I don't answer it.
8x8 doesn't care because I'm stuck since I don't make decisions at my work. If I could trash this piece of crap I would, but I need it for my job. So why would 8x8 care about me? They don't. And it shows.
I asked my Director of Finance why we use this awful company, especially when he spends a few hours a week on their tech support line, usually not getting a solution. His answer: they're cheap. And it shows.
Bring back the old version. Pleeeeeeease.
The old version would display a notification that my office line was ringing. I could then tap the notification and it would take me into app to answer the call or let it go to my office vm. The new version rings my cell phone as if the call is being routed to my phone directly. The office still rings but so does my cell. Spent 30 minutes with tech support and it seems there is no fix. Pleeeeeease bring back the old version.
8x8 Virtual Office Mobile...I an't believe it is free!
Very powerful app. Love the new feature that lets you take a cell call while on an 8x8 call. I heard other apps cut the first call off! Audio is spectacular and flipping calls to my desk phone mid-call is excellent!!