Your fleet of inshore yachts includes ultra-fast foiling catamarans, dinghies or cutting-edge monohulls. The short format of racing is identical to the one used for real life competitions, such as the America’s Cup and the Star Sailors League, with a unique virtual umpire who applies the official rules of sailing.
Upgrade your boats with the points earned in each regatta, and compete for the official virtual sailing world champion title, awarded by the World Sailing Association.
Virtual Regatta Inshore: the best online sailing simulation since Virtual Skipper!
THE VIRTUAL REGATTA COMMUNITY
When sailing with Virtual Regatta, you become part of the world’s largest sailing community with more than one million active players.
Sail against the best: Virtual Regatta games are recognized by the greatest international skippers!
The largest virtual races bring together hundreds of thousands players: Vendee Globe, Volvo Ocean Race, America’s Cup, Star Sailors League, Transat Jacques Vabre, Route du Rhum, Barcolana, Cowes Week, Sydney Hobart, Fastnet, Tour de France à la voile, Spi Ouest France, Giraglia, Key West Race Week, Extreme Sailing Series, RC44
- Spectator mode for private races
- Simplified user interface
- Improved display of locked boats
- The wind is now visible all the time on the radar
- Improved the search interface for friends
- Improved display of the windsock
- Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good could be great
Steering isn't an issue, it strikes a good balance between big and small adjustments, that said, Star boats are really responsive - much more so than in this game.
- It would be good to post the rules this game follows b/c it breaks many and enforces others which is fine, just post the rules - better yet plug in IYRA rules and we all might learn something.
- Big thing: Star boats (and any boat really) will accelerate as you crack off the wind, it should be so in this game, the boat speed should dramatically accelerate as you round up from DDW. Close hauled and dead down wind are in reality the slowest points of sail, not reflected in the game, at all.
- Star boats on a downwind leg flop the mast forward and fly a jib pole to weather, wing on wing.
- Star boats downwind hike to weather flying the mainsail high in the air, nearly dragging the jib's whisker pole at times. - - Make the Committee Boat point into the wind FFS - it's easy, right? Would be good.
- Wait times are brutal - how bout 5 boat races?
-Somehow I missed the Excellence Cup and I cannot progress from the Star boats - is it just me???
Anyway great game, make my changes and it will be awesome. C'mon, do it.
Could be a lot of fun
Real boats respond to small changes in steerage, these do not, in fact sometimes these take way too long to respond to huge changes -- annoyingly this seems to be worst in close quarters. Also annoying, performance when reaching doesn't match real life, real boats don't go faster at 170 to the wind than they do at 160.
I think I'd rather see a windex or telltales than numeric degrees, and an indication of wind speed would be nice too, otherwise how do you know how well you're performing?
On the plus side it's a decent implementation of the racing rules, and it's compelling, even if sometimes frustrating.
Any reason it isn't windward/leeward with gates on both ends like the AC races? And why do they sometimes have spinnakers and sometimes not?
Needs some help, but great game
First of all, thank you for making a sailing game. It's a bunch of fun
1. More possible control layouts
including left hand.
2. Better penalty system. It doesn't recognize proper room on marks and just overall "room" in general. Once you have penalized someone you are still subject to someone penalizing you. You need to implement more the rule book.
3. More boats, cuz why not.
4. Practice in any of the boats. Not just the star.
5. Better system for ducking someone. It's too clumsy currently.
6. Steering controls. 1 tap 1 degrees good but when you are holding it down, a counter should appear with how much you have headed up or down.
7. LAN would be nice. 1v1 your friend on the same wifi would be awesome. (Or over Bluetooth)
8. More possible courses.
(COOL FUTURE STUFF)
1. 2 player. 1 person steers, 1 trims.
2. Reenact real courses with real boats. (VOR inshore races, Olympic stuff, etc.
3. More weather conditions, light heavy, currents, big waves small waves, etc.
- Virtual Regatta
- 208.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Virtual Regatta
- In-App Purchases
- Pack 2300 credits $10.99
- Pack 1000 credits $4.99
- Pack 397 credits $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.