Virus Scanner Plus
By Bitdefender SRL
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Virus Scanner Plus by Bitdefender brings the company's top rated antivirus technology to the App Store!
Stay safe! Keep others safe!
Scan running apps, scan critical locations or scan the entire system whenever you choose or activate Continuous Scan to keep Virus Scanner Plus running all the time. If you download an infected file or get one in the mail your Mac will be protected and your friends' computers safe.
Stay safe and keep other safe by not passing malware along.
- Award-winning Bitdefender antivirus engines;
- Detects OS X and Windows viruses alike;
- Updates to the latest version automatically if enabled;
- Quick scan option - rapidly scans system areas that are prone to infections;
- Searches for malware even in archives and other types of files i.e. pdf, pkg, zip, rar etc;
- Easy to use interface;
- Straight-forward security status and recommendations;
- Quarantines dangerous files;
- Deep system scan;
- Drag and drop scan of files or folders;
- Exclude files and folders from scan (i.e. Time Machine backups, etc.)
What's New in Version 3.6
Fixes the detection of the installed browser extension with the latest build of Google Chrome
What an incredible peice of $%&! Feces dipped in crap, rolled in dung.
I have reported several problems with Virus Scanner Plus, including it crashing when I turn Continuous Scan off (temporarily). Each and every time, BitDefender has asked me to (again and again) uninstall and reinstall the software and/or manually delete files on my system using Apple Terminal.
There are a lot of words I could use to describe Virus Scanner Plus, but none of them are appropriate for this forum. Let’s just suffice to say that “good” or “stable” are not among them.
And Bitdefender Support was dreadful. I got the same response for every problem I found. "Uninstall and reinstall” over and over again. At one point, Bitdefender had me try AntiVirus for Mac (which is much more expensive). I was guaranteed the problems I was having with Virus Scanner Plus did not exist in Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac.
I had all of the same problems plus new ones to add to the ever growing list.
Try Sophos Free Antivirus for Mac. It’s free and its not stuffed with issues. Most importantly, it doesn’t hang or (worse yet) crash.
Trust me, keep looking. It is better to do without than to pay good money for junk, be lied to and treated like a guinea pig.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 25, 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 153 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Bitdefender SRL
- © 1997-2015 Bitdefender. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor