Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stop viruses and malware from passing through your iPhone or iPad and infecting your Mac or PC with this easy-to-use app from Intego, the Apple security leader. Using Intego's award-winning VirusBarrier technology, this app detects and eradicates threats before they can harm your home and business networks and computers.
Your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are new vectors for bringing potentially damaging files into your network and spreading them onto your macs and PC’s. With this on- demand scanner, you can validate, view and save any e-mail attachment, file on your device, or file from a remote location (such as Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive) for viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and all other known Mac OS X and Windows malware.
Download the app now and join Intego, the Apple security leader since 1997, in stopping the spread of malware and viruses.
NEW IN THIS VERSION: Supports Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
• Offers on-demand scanning for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
• Stops all known Mac OS X, Windows and Unix viruses and malware from getting through your device.
• Scans files attached to e-mails and files accessed from remote locations (such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV and FTP shares).
• Includes integrated file reader to instantly view the document after scanning.
• Allows files to be emailed or sent to popular cloud services such as Dropbox and Evernote after scanning.
• Repairs infected files.
• Scans files for spyware, Trojan horses, adware, hacker tools, dialers, keyloggers and more.
• Scans websites for known phishing URLs, web threats, and malware hosting.
• Scans files downloaded from Safari, and files accessed by apps supporting inter-app file transfers*.
• Scans ZIP archives.
• Automatically updates malware definitions.
• Maintains a log of your scans.
Gizmodo App of the Day! (September 22, 2011)
What's New in Version 1.6
This does scan for viruses
For all you geniuses that don't read the 2 paragraphs about the app before you buy it, it does scan for malware/viruses. It scans for files in Dropbox, Skydrive and Google Drive. Also scans email attachments. So if you don't have any of those apps there won't be files to scan because there are no know Viruses, Trojans, worms or any other malware for Apple iOS. That includes iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Minor issues Only
When I first installed the program there was a small issue with the app crashing while running the virus signature database update. The good news is that this issue is resolved after restarting your device.
Yes it does exactly what it says it does
Just purchased this app for my iPad Air. It scans my Dropbox files and my email attachments perfectly. It does exactly what it says it does. I don't agree with the negative reviews. It works for me!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 15, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 86.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: INTEGO
- © 2011-2012 Intego
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.