Human Anatomy Atlas – 3D Anatomical Model of the Human Body
By Visible Body
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** On sale for a limited time!!
Need a human body 3D reference for your healthcare practice or to help you in your anatomy course?
Human Anatomy Atlas is the worldwide gold standard in anatomy reference apps. More colleges and universities teach with Human Anatomy Atlas than any other 3D atlas.
Here are answers to the most common questions we get about Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas:
(1) How much content is in the app?
- Over 4,600 3D structures in a male and female human body. (Over 9,000 total.) You can zoom, pan, and rotate to study from multiple viewpoints and zoom levels.
- To learn more about any structure, tap on it. You’ll get a definition, pronunciation, Latin term, and common diseases explained.
- More than 1,000 quiz questions
- There is also additional content, like select microanatomy and physiology videos.
(2) How do I access all those 3D structures?
There are three ways to view structures:
- Use the browse or search options to find a body part and show it on screen.
- Tap on a system icon to bring up that entire body system. (Tip: Tap the Favorites icon to save any of the views you make!)
- Select from over 100 pre-made views. These views offer another fast way to access the most popular content. We set them up so you can quickly see regional anatomy (like the thoracic cage with the heart, lungs, and great vessels or the pelvic cavity with reproductive, urinary, and digestive organs).
(3) What are some of the ways I can share this content with my patients, students, or classmates?
- Tap the share icon to email content to anyone!
- Everyone gets a screen capture and a link. Users of Atlas for iPad/iPhone can use the link to open and save the same 3D view on their device.
(4) What makes Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas the worldwide best-seller?
- Expertly developed: Our 3D models and animations are created by biomedical visualization experts with advanced degrees from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Yale University, University of Texas, and others.
- Easy to use: Ranked #1 by iMedicalApps! "Ideal for students and teachers of anatomy, as well as for patient education." (imedicalapps.com). 2015 Tabby User’s Choice Award.
- Used in private practice, at hospitals, universities, and by consumers: Visible Body | Argosy Publishing has decades of experience providing medical content that helps visualize anatomy & physiology. Pharmaceutical and med device companies use our apps to present new products to doctors. Wolters Kluwer Health includes our apps in the wealth of solutions they provide hospitals, medical libraries, professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health. Thousands of people a day, around the globe, visit our website to learn basic anatomy and check out our apps.
(5) What content is in the in-app purchases?
- Most of the additional purchases are videos that show basic physiology and pathologies. These are ideal if you want to extend your copy of Human Anatomy Atlas to also include visual information about physiology and pathology. The app comes with over a dozen videos included. Check those out to get a sense for if you want more.
- There are two in-app purchases that add detailed bony landmarks, muscle attachment details, and 3D animations of common muscle actions. These are for users who want very detailed information on musculoskeletal function.
Have any other questions or comments?
Email us at email@example.com.
About Visible Body
Visible Body creates innovative, interactive 3D human anatomy and physiology content and applications. If you love the human body, you'll love us! Doctors, professors, nurses, and students are among the people whose use our apps to make learning and teaching anatomy and physiology visual and engaging. Over a million people have used our products. Founded in 1996, Visible Body also operates as Argosy Publishing.
What's New in Version 7.9.05
Fixed a bug preventing some users from opening shared view links.
So many issues! :(
I never review apps but felt compelled to review anatomy atlas. When my iPad locks (mini 4) and I re-open the app, the screen is distorted and the app freezes. I have to restart the app and start all over again! The Pencil feature doesn't even work! When I select + Zoom the app does not respond. What is the purpose of this feature? The skin layer is so cartoon-style and when I try to change to a female model by tapping + / - it just sticks with the male model. Frustrating to say the least! Very poorly designed app. It's unusable in this state. I don't know how it has all 5 star reviews. "Awesome app", "Great app". Sounds fishy to me.
Currently in PA school and this application has been a lifesaver! Highly recommended for students at all levels! Update is extremely user friendly!
Awesome app! Definitely recommend!!! 😀😀😀
This anatomy atlas is so user friendly. I use this every time I need to review a section of anatomy before I TA in the gross lab. Will definitely recommend to anyone taking anatomy!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Nov 21, 2015
- Version: 7.9.05
- Size: 779 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Argosy Publishing
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2015. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Animation Pack: System Overviews$4.99
- Animation Pack: Bones and Skeletal Muscles$2.99
- Animation Pack: Respiration and Circulation$4.99
- Animation Pack: Nutrition and Elimination$2.99
- Animation Pack: Cells and Tissues$4.99
- Muscle Actions, Attachments, & More$5.99
- Animation Pack: Respiratory & Circulatory Pathologies$9.99
- Bony Landmarks & More$3.99
- Animation Pack: Digestive & Urinary Pathologies$4.99
- Animation Pack: Muscle & Bone Pathologies$2.99