Human Anatomy Atlas – 3D Anatomical Model of the Human Body
By Visible Body
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Need a human body 3D reference for your healthcare practice or to help you in your anatomy course?
Human Anatomy Atlas is the worldwide gold standard in anatomy reference apps. More colleges and universities teach with Human Anatomy Atlas than any other 3D atlas.
Here are answers to the most common questions we get about Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas:
(1) How much content is in the app?
- Over 4,600 3D structures in a male and female human body. (Over 9,000 total.) You can zoom, pan, and rotate to study from multiple viewpoints and zoom levels.
- To learn more about any structure, tap on it. You’ll get a definition, pronunciation, Latin term, and common diseases explained.
- More than 1,000 quiz questions
- There is also additional content, like select microanatomy and physiology videos.
(2) How do I access all those 3D structures?
There are three ways to view structures:
- Use the browse or search options to find a body part and show it on screen.
- Tap on a system icon to bring up that entire body system. (Tip: Tap the Favorites icon to save any of the views you make!)
- Select from over 100 pre-made views. These views offer another fast way to access the most popular content. We set them up so you can quickly see regional anatomy (like the thoracic cage with the heart, lungs, and great vessels or the pelvic cavity with reproductive, urinary, and digestive organs).
(3) What are some of the ways I can share this content with my patients, students, or classmates?
- Tap the share icon to email content to anyone!
- Everyone gets a screen capture and a link. Users of Atlas for iPad/iPhone can use the link to open and save the same 3D view on their device.
(4) What makes Visible Body’s Human Anatomy Atlas the worldwide best-seller?
- Expertly developed: Our 3D models and animations are created by biomedical visualization experts with advanced degrees from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Yale University, University of Texas, and others.
- Easy to use: Ranked #1 by iMedicalApps! "Ideal for students and teachers of anatomy, as well as for patient education." (imedicalapps.com). 2015 Tabby User’s Choice Award.
- Used in private practice, at hospitals, universities, and by consumers: Visible Body | Argosy Publishing has decades of experience providing medical content that helps visualize anatomy & physiology. Pharmaceutical and med device companies use our apps to present new products to doctors. Wolters Kluwer Health includes our apps in the wealth of solutions they provide hospitals, medical libraries, professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health. Thousands of people a day, around the globe, visit our website to learn basic anatomy and check out our apps.
(5) What content is in the in-app purchases?
- Most of the additional purchases are videos that show basic physiology and pathologies. These are ideal if you want to extend your copy of Human Anatomy Atlas to also include visual information about physiology and pathology. The app comes with over a dozen videos included. Check those out to get a sense for if you want more.
- There are two in-app purchases that add detailed bony landmarks, muscle attachment details, and 3D animations of common muscle actions. These are for users who want very detailed information on musculoskeletal function.
Have any other questions or comments?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Visible Body
Visible Body creates innovative, interactive 3D human anatomy and physiology content and applications. If you love the human body, you'll love us! Doctors, professors, nurses, and students are among the people whose use our apps to make learning and teaching anatomy and physiology visual and engaging. Over a million people have used our products. Founded in 1996, Visible Body also operates as Argosy Publishing.
What's New in Version 7.2.05
What’s new in this update to Atlas 7.2?
* The app is even more global! We had English, French and German. This build includes 3 more languages: Japanese, Italian, and Spanish.
* Use the app in one of these languages, share a view with colleagues and they'll view it in the language they select.
* We also made some minor bug fixes in this build.
Questions or comments? Get in touch with us at support.visiblebody.com.
A Great & Very Helpful App!
The app is phenomenal and a must have for all those who are interested in Human Anatomy. It is very detailed and helps one learn the specific parts of the human body. You can focus on one specific part, or the entire picture. The 3D model is very user friendly and easy to use. I especially liked the quiz questions because they helped retain all of the information. I really wish I had this when I was in college since it would have made things a lot easier. This 3D model by Visible Body is a fun and new way to learn the Human Anatomy, and it's great for people who want to explore without any restrictions. I recommend this to everyone who's curious about the human body, or just trying to get an A in their anatomy class.
The update makes the app even faster and better! It's kinda nice to be able to see what the words mean in Spanish, especially straight from the app! The already amazing app, just got better!
Very informative app!
I love how interactive this app is. It's awesome that I can zoom in and see different parts in detail. Choosing different options in the "systems" tab allows you to view different parts of the body. It's great because I can see any part of the body whether it be the lymphatic system, or the digestive system or any other parts individually or together. It even speaks the pronunciation out loud if you wish, and you can click an option that gives you a definition of each part. Clicking the "atlas" allows you to choose each section and it automatically divides it up into each element so you can explore it further.
There is only so much info you can get from a flat 2D image. Because this allows a 3D and internal split view, you can see all elements just as you would in real life. This app would be great for anyone just curious about the human body or for those studying anatomy.
From 2D to 3D
The Human Anatomy Atlas app is an awesome way for you to learn about your body and everything that it does. With this app you can explore every inch and what everything in your body does. Overlay with organs or not, it’s your choice. This app is very easy to use and understand. I was cruising with the app in no time and found the app layout easy to understand. There is a lot that is packed into this app. Doctors, nurses, and people who want to explore any part of the body or understand how the body works should get this app.
The app comes complete with questions and helpful overlays explaining what everything does. You can also choose from male or female which is different then other apps in the app store. For $25 it is well worth the money I spent. Check it out, you won’t be disappointed!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Apr 22, 2015
- Version: 7.2.05
- Size: 721 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Argosy Publishing
- © Argosy Publishing, Inc., 2007–2015. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Animation Pack: System Overviews$8.99
- Animation Pack: Bones and Skeletal Muscles$4.99
- Animation Pack: Respiration and Circulation$8.99
- Animation Pack: Cells and Tissues$8.99
- Animation Pack: Nutrition and Elimination$4.99
- Muscle Actions, Attachments, & More$9.99
- Animation Pack: Respiratory & Circulatory Pathologies$12.99
- Bony Landmarks & More$6.99
- Animation Pack: Digestive & Urinary Pathologies$8.99
- Animation Pack: Muscle & Bone Pathologies$8.99