Visual Anatomy Lite
By Education Mobile
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Interactive anatomy reference with 3D rotational models, Gray's anatomy images add-on, a muscle highlighting tool and full description!
• No.1 free anatomical app in UK Appstore!
• Visual Anatomy Lite is recommended by top U.S.-licensed doctors on HealthTap (https://www.healthtap.com/#apps/375)
• Support English, French, Spanish and German languages
Visual Anatomy Lite is an interactive reference, and education tool. The Lite version contains 130 high-resolution images and more than 350 feature points which can be interactively selected. Each feature has its own label and short description. Add-on Images from 6 chapters of Gray's anatomy can be used as a quick reference. 6 chapters are bones, muscles and circulation system. In additional, a quiz with 23 multi-choice questions also is included.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used for any professional who needs the occasional reminder. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries. It can be also used as human anatomy guide or anatomy dictionary.
• Rotational models (views from different angles)
• Muscle description (ORIGIN, INSERTION, NERVE, ACTIONS).
• Tap and Pinch Zoom - zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature.
• Quiz mode - test yourself with an option to switch off the label of the feature point.
• Quick Navigation - jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
• Muscle highlighting tool to visualize the individual muscle.
• Great for learning anatomy and physiology
• High-resolution images.
• Free periodic updates.
Organ 3D, Muscular System (whole body anterior and posterior, facial muscles, leg muscles, arm muscles), Skeletal System (anterior, posterior and lateral views), Skull, Circulation System (Principle Veins and Arteries, Heart), Respiratory System, Digestive System, Urinary System, Nervous System, Female and Male Reproductive Systems, Ear Structure, Nasal Cavity, Eye,Body Region.
I am open to suggestions so don't hesitate send me an email if you have any feedback
What's New in Version 4.3
1. Add leg muscles and arm muscles
2. Add skull model
3. Bug fixing for iOS8 and iPad
Great study tool!
I am a human biology major and currently in A&P. This app is quick access to loads of information. It really helps with the constant studying required by anatomy courses. I gave it a 4 because there is room for improvement. They could give a description of the muscle, bone, etc... Such as its movement or something just an added study tip.
Great app for being free. Arrows point to a specific muscle and you can choose the "info" button that gives you OIA and nerve innervation. Only annoying part in my opinion is if you close the app out, even to reply to a text, when reopening it automatically brings you back to the home screen. Otherwise good.
Good but needs improving
Thumbnails of muscles very hard to click on. Quiz was better on old version, you could pick which group or whole body and it would randomly ask which muscle is which, please bring this back!!!!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jan 09, 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 56.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: YingLiang Ma
- © 2012-2015 Education Mobile Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.