By Education Mobile
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**iOS8 update is available now!
Interactive reference with 3D rotational models, free 1247 Gray's anatomy images add-on, a muscle highlighting tool, full description and audio pronunciation.
• Winners for 2011 in Best Medical App (awarded by http://bestappever.com)
• Visual Anatomy is recommended by top U.S.-licensed doctors on HealthTap (https://www.healthtap.com/#apps/375/promote)
• Support English, French, Spanish and German languages
Visual Anatomy is an interactive reference, and education tool. It contains more than 500 high-resolution images (plus 141 single muscle images) and more than 850 feature points which can be interactively selected. Each feature has its own label and short description. The app also has search function which can be used as searching the labels of all feature points. In addition, 6 quizzes with 150 multi-choice questions also are included. It also has all Gray's anatomy images for a quick review.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used for any professional who needs the occasional reminder. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries. It can be also used as human anatomy guide or anatomy dictionary.
• No internet connection is required.
• Tap and Pinch Zoom - zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature by tapping on the screen.
• 3D rotational models
• Quick Navigation - jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
• Great for learning anatomy and physiology
• Audio: Pronunciation guide for each muscle.
• High-resolution images.
• Free periodic updates.
1. Organ 3D overview
2. One of main sections - Muscles. It have 141 muscles including full description (ORIGIN, INSERTION, NERVE, ACTIONS) and cover all superficial muscles and most of deep muscles. A muscle index table with 141 single muscle images.
3. One of main sections - Bones with some bone markers.
Skeleton overview, Skull, Inferior and Superior skull,Neck Bones, Spinal Column, Ribs, Pelvic Girdle, Hand Bones, Foot Bones. It also includes ligaments in knee, shoulder and ankle joints.
4. Respiratory System(overview), Lung,
5. Digestive System(overview), Liver,
6. Urinary System,
7. Nervous System(overview), Brain, Central Nervous System,
8. Reproductive System (Male and female),
9. Senses (Finger, Hand, Ear ,Mouth, Nasal Cavity, Nose, Tongue,Human Denture)
10. Circulatory system. (Principle Veins and Arteries, Heart Anatomy, Head vessels)
11. Endocrine System (overview)
12. 6 quizzes with 150 multi-choice questions
13. 1247 Gray's anatomy images.
When you input more than one characters, the search function automatically gives a list of potential key words. You can just select one of them from the list. The result will be the feature point on the anatomy image and label.
I'm open to suggestions so don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you have some feedback.
What's New in Version 4.4
1. Add muscle audio pronunciation
2. Add Spanish and German language support
3. Bug fixed for iOS8 and iPad version
4. Add Ankle joint model
I downloaded this app while I was studying anatomy in massage school. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to make reference to this detailed app. I love the breakdown of all of the body systems and the detail once you are studying a particular system. I'm a huge fan of the muscular system and I love the 3D feature that allows you to really examine the location of insertion and origin. I'm also a Pilates instructor and personal trainer so when a client says a certain muscle is bothering them or whatever I pull this app out and show them. They always appreciate the visual! I can't say enough good things about this app!!
Best anatomy app available
This app is a life saver and so economical! I love that you can also get proper pronunciation for muscles-wish it had that for the bones as well. I use this to also educate clients and the option to completely isolate a muscle in its entirety has been very impactful in teaching the importance of working the whole muscle. I downloaded the trail guide lite and it was a joke. Visanatomy is Best app out there!
Easy to navigate through the app to each section of interest. The image rotation is a great feature. Descriptions are short and informative, the audio pronunciations of the terms are nice and clear. Plenty of information in each category. Worth the price.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jan 09, 2015
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 168 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: YingLiang Ma
- © 2012-2015 Education Mobile Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.