RETRAIN THE BRAIN to move the eyes correctly by scanning from left to right across the screen. Strengthening this essential skill can improve reading, concentration, memory, attention to detail, and speed of processing.
TWO POWERFUL MODES help brain injury and stroke survivors with left neglect improve at home while also helping occupational therapy (OT) and speech therapy (SLP) professionals to efficiently assess for right or left neglect and provide more effective treatment.
* Use the Test mode to determine if and where a visual attention deficit exists.
* Use the Practice mode to train scanning by finding targets in order.
++ SEE HOW IT CAN HELP – Download Visual Attention Therapy Lite for FREE! ++
CANCELLATION TASKS JUST GOT BETTER. This professional cognitive training app takes a familiar format for treating left neglect and transforms it into a dynamic, interactive tool for all ages. Visual Attention Therapy offers benefits that can only be achieved through technology:
* Targets must be tapped from left to right, top to bottom in Practice mode, which trains users to slow down and scan the entire screen before they move on.
* Immediate feedback with visual and auditory cues keeps users engaged.
* Timed exercises increase motivation to work quickly and accurately.
* Stop wasting time counting errors! Automated scoring includes data for accuracy by quadrant, time for completion, and mistakes in professional e-mailed reports.
* Adjustable layouts and 10 levels of difficulty allow you to customize the experience to meet changing needs or multiple users.
* Sidebar signal can flash in a variety of colors to draw attention to the left or right.
* An endless variety of combinations eliminates the need to photocopy exercises, with the option to print screenshots when you need a traditional exercise.
* Use only one target to focus on scanning, or use two targets at once to challenge users with working memory and alternating attention deficits.
RACE AGAINST THE CLOCK to improve scores while improving cognitive and reading skills. Levels featuring letters can support literacy goals, while symbol-based levels challenge visual memory skills. It’s an occupational therapy dream come true!
Visual Attention Therapy was developed by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) and is used worldwide in speech and occupational therapy (OT) to help adults with left neglect after stroke and brain injury. It is also used with children with dyslexia and attentional deficits by reading specialists and neuropsychologists.
DON’T JUST TELL YOUR PATIENTS TO LOOK TO THE LEFT – TRAIN THEM. Modernize your occupational therapy or speech therapy exercises with a left neglect training tool that improves stroke and brain injury rehab.
DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Looking for something different in a stroke therapy app? Tactus Therapy offers a wide range to choose from. Get the right one for you at http://tactustherapy.com/apps
- fix some bugs that users who had updated to iOS 12 were experiencing
Ratings and Reviews
I am an SLP working with both children and adults. This app has been very functional for my patients experiencing memory, TBI, CVA, and/or cognitive issues. It's very handy and user friendly, even for my older 'non-computerized' adult population. Love all of these apps!
I currently prn at a SNF, and I often find working on attention as a common goal. This app has made working in that goal easier. This app gives a practice mode and a test mode. I often use the practice mode until the residents get the hang of what is required of them. Eventually, the residents find it to be a challenge to scan! I love this app. It makes making progress towards goals easy!
This is a fun and engaging app that clients/patients of all ages enjoy! The auditory feedback helps keep the client/patient focus during the activity. The data tracking tool is very helpful as well.
- Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- 12.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.