Make your music come alive!
Visual Performer is an app for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch creates graphic animation by playing the instrument.
- Use your MIDI instrument to generate graphic animations, synchronised from your playing.
- 10 types of graphic animations plus projected images from your iOS device's camera.
- Create your original animation by combining with two patterns or even by using the camera.
- Patterns are change automatically or can be controlled by you by using the chain function.
- Record your sound and the animation on your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch. *Video format: mov.
- Play with XY Pad or Virtual keyboard mode *Software synthesizer is installed.
- Synchronise with other musical playing apps on separate iOS devices (WiFi is required)
iOS 5.1 or later
Minor problems have been corrected.
Ratings and Reviews
Not optimized for Retina display
This is a good concept, but it still needs a lot of development. The rendering takes too long, and the final output is not HD even when you use the HD camera on the back of the iPad 3.
This would be a great app if development for the current platform was continued. This is why I give it a provisional 3 stars.
EDIT: Although some features have been updated, midi input does not include controlling the onboard sounds in the app. Also, nothing has been done about rendering the video in HD, and the sound on the recording is in mono only. I know there are other apps out there that will render video and audio in HD and stereo. For that reason, my original 3-star rating is unchanged.
However, the external video capability is interesting, even though I am unable to implement it currently, since I don't have Apple TV, and this app does not support Google Chromecast.
Cool New App
I just started tinkering around with this new app today, and so far it works fine. I connected my iPad to my Yamaha Disklavier with a USB MIDI interface, and it was immediately responsive to everything I played at the piano. The added visual dimension to the sound is interesting to say the least, and I look forward to seeing more templates that can add a new spin on music performance.
Great idea but execution fail
This app has great intentions as an interactive audio-visual sketchpad, but unfortunately most of the time the graphics don't really respond to touches. Instead they just do something random, which makes the whole thing profoundly unsatisfying. It's more like "bang the pad to make it do something" rather than sculpt, touch, and create. Stay away unless they update it with major changes.
- Yamaha Corporation of America
- 32.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Yamaha Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Special Package Free
- Metropolis Free
- Punched Tape Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.