Visual Vocab SAT - Free
By Mighty Oak Games LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free, no ads. All killer, no filler--a peek at the vocab you need to know for the SAT test. A picture is worth a thousand words. Visual Vocab is based on the latest science about how we learn best: mixed modality presentation means you see the word, hear the word, and see an unforgettable defining image while you practice, play, and customize your learning experience.
Let top test prep tutors introduce you to over 50 key vocab words that come up all the time on the sentence completions and critical reading questions on the SAT. This absolutely essential vocabulary is going to stick with you all the way through your SAT test and beyond because of the striking--even funny!--pictures. This free app has many of the same features as our Epic 300-word app because we want you to experience the learning magic of these high-impact pictures. We are here to help you get a better score.
* Don’t waste time. Only the choicest, must-know vocabulary words that show up most frequently on the test
* The most important 50+ words in flashy, fun cards
* "Practice makes perfect" quiz feature with statistical reporting and adaptive programming that tests words you need to learn most
* Word list, “hide” and “star” features to manage your picture deck: custom tailor your learning
* Don’t get caught up in goofy games or boring flash card apps. Even if they are free, it’s not worth your study time
* Powerful mixed-modality learning based on scientific research
* Surprises *
* Like what you see? Check out the Epic version and expand your word power and access the Ultimate Challenge
* Too easy? Check out our Pro app of carefully selected 800-level words
ENJOY! We wish you an edifying, entertaining, educational time. Great test scores too :) --Kristin and Shane
What's New in Version 2.0
Hang on to your hat, Visual Vocab v2 is all that.
* totally updated graphics and UI, plus fresh new words
* new “star” feature so you can highlight and practice with your favorite cards
* more custom features and play choices
* more adaptive Quiz game, words you need to learn come up more often
* progress bar and improved Stats reporting on quiz
* show or hide definition, sentence, and picture for custom view/learning
* quick scroll bar on comprehensive Word List
* videos: informative, handmade, kind of shady
* looks GREAT on iPad
Good, Helpful, But Sexist?
I gave it a higher rating because it did help me a lot. I did better on the quiz on this app than all other apps after just one look at the pictures and definition of the words. It helped a lot. The reason I took off one star is because it does seem sexist towards females. Most pictures of females are of them being overweight, like for the definition of huge. I think something like a whale or elephant would fit that better. I don't know for sure if this was intentional or not, but the amount of pictures of women being overweight versus the amount of pictures where men seem perfect or better than women or whatever seems to me that it is more intentional than not. Even my brother thinks it's sexist towards women.
Really WORKS & FREE !!!! Funny too
I downloaded this on a whim because I'm taking the SAT really soon...and it turned out to be really helpful and great. Not gonna lie, I was surprised how time flew by studying and now I'm going to see what else these guys have in other apps because it's been the easiest way to learn important vocabulary. I know that vocab is worth so much on the SAT and I've heard that it's the CR section that colleges really care about, maybe math too. It's FREE which is great, and just these words alone are going to help. I've seen them come up a lot on the practice tests that I've been taking already. Two words: GET IT. You have nothing to loose, that person that said its sexist, idk. Crazy.
Great pictures and words
The pictures are great. Some are funny, some are disgusting, all make the words easier to remember. Not sure what the other reviewer is saying about sexist pictures. There is a picture of a fat lady (for "immense"), but there are also females in numerous positive photos and males in bad (and good) pictures. Looks like they praise and insult both genders pretty equally. One thing to note here is that the pictures in this set are a subset of the ones in the "epic" set, so if you buy that one, there is no need to keep this one on your phone. This is a great place to get a good feel for the app and learn 50+ words that show up frequently on the test.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 16, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 39.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mighty Oak Games LLC
- © 2014 Mighty Oak Games LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.