By Davide Ficano
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Non-indexed full text search of files supporting filters and many folder traversal options.
What's New in Version 1.2.8
Fixed memory leak
Highly Competent Coders Make Highly Competent Apps
If you were expecting to get a piece of donkey droppings for this price, think again. This developer demonstrates a high degree of competence, and lacks greed, unlike what you may have noticed with other applications throughout this portal, where much money is charged for what appears to be minute efforts. When it comes to developers, many feel called to the task, but few will be chosen.
Here are some features this application boasts:
* Save your searches!
* Choose options such as rather you want to search with regular expressions, match case, follow symlinks, stop at first match in the file, skip packages, match whole word/whole line, exclude list, etc.
* Pick which default app you want to use to open up a file with through a handy little drop menu.
* Pick which columns you want to show, with columns such as ‘line number’, path, size, and more.
* Results are beautifully laid out in a search result pane that shows you matching lines, with the match highlighted in bold blue.
* From within the app, copy either the file name or content of selected files.
This application is ideal for those that are trying to locate files based on more complex criteria. Though the application is good as it is, one feature I personally would like to see is the ability to do compound searches (compound qualifiers). There is a Windows program called PowerGrep that allows this, that so far is the only one that I've seen of its class. 1) It's basically a way to perform 'finds' within the results of regular expressions (find match in $1, $2. $&, etc), and 2) Ability to specify multiple regular expressions to match for the same file (with and/or).— But again, this application was made well, and more than justifies the low price.
I hope this developer does well, and continues to make more intuitive apps.