Non-indexed full text search of files supporting filters and many folder traversal options.
- save template view position
- show the selected line content below the search results
Ratings and Reviews
Application require some improvements.
This application is important for me because it's have no alternative.
This a good application but it contain some bugs.
1) Application is not saved the current window state - when I hide the template pane, then close the application and open it again, the template pane is shown again.
2) When I try to add "prefered Viewer/Editor" in settings pane I get th next behavior: the editor was added to the list but it's not selected, I tried to select the editor in the list but it's not selected, I tried to select the editor again and at this moment it's can selected.
3) I can not hide the filters pane - big place is not used.
4) Cross on the top right side do nothing.
5) Reload button on the top side is duplicate the Search button functionality.
6) When I select multiple files and try to open all in external editor - editor open only single file.
7) Settings "Preserve the "Search in Folders" value" in preference pane do nothing.
8) Settings "Trusted paths" in preference pane do nothing.
9) The table headers is not beautiful - not in the center of places.
I Wait for fixed the bugs and after it I give you more stars.
Highly Competent Coders Make Highly Competent Apps
If you were expecting to get a piece of donkey droppings for this price, think again. This developer demonstrates a high degree of competence, and lacks greed, unlike what you may have noticed with other applications throughout this portal, where much money is charged for what appears to be minute efforts. When it comes to developers, many feel called to the task, but few will be chosen.
Here are some features this application boasts:
* Save your searches!
* Choose options such as rather you want to search with regular expressions, match case, follow symlinks, stop at first match in the file, skip packages, match whole word/whole line, exclude list, etc.
* Pick which default app you want to use to open up a file with through a handy little drop menu.
* Pick which columns you want to show, with columns such as ‘line number’, path, size, and more.
* Results are beautifully laid out in a search result pane that shows you matching lines, with the match highlighted in bold blue.
* From within the app, copy either the file name or content of selected files.
This application is ideal for those that are trying to locate files based on more complex criteria. Though the application is good as it is, one feature I personally would like to see is the ability to do compound searches (compound qualifiers). There is a Windows program called PowerGrep that allows this, that so far is the only one that I've seen of its class. 1) It's basically a way to perform 'finds' within the results of regular expressions (find match in $1, $2. $&, etc), and 2) Ability to specify multiple regular expressions to match for the same file (with and/or).— But again, this application was made well, and more than justifies the low price.
I hope this developer does well, and continues to make more intuitive apps.
I can't get this app to run a single search. I set the filters (which are labeled in an extremely confusing way; it's not clear whether you're telling it to include only the specified items or exclude them) and no matter what I do the 'Search' button (the one that appears blue in the example image here in the App store) remains permanently grayed out and cannot be clicked.
Even if I revert to the default settings, it will not run a search. I am comfortable with relatively sophisticated software and modern app interfaces do not confuse me. This app just doesn't work. Skip it. Miss it. 99 cents was way too much for nothing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.