By VitalSource Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use VitalSource Bookshelf® to download and access VitalSource eTextbooks on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Read your books online or offline, search across your full library, and create notes and highlights to help you study.
• Download eTextbooks to your iOS device for easy online or offline reading.
• Simple, user-friendly navigation and a clean reading experience.
• Search inside your current book or across your full library.
• Select text to create notes or highlights from your mobile device.
• Tap to open figures, view captions and pinch to zoom.
• Sync your last page read and all of your notes and highlights between your iOS device and our desktop or web-based Bookshelf apps.
• VitalSource Bookshelf account
• Access to one or more VitalSource eTextbooks
• iOS 7+
What's New in Version 3.3
New in 3.3:
• Subscribe to other users' shared highlighters.
• Share your notes and highlights with the public or with a group of friends.
• Manage friends and subscriptions.
• Reading view toolbar improvements.
• Includes 64-bit support.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Previously in 3.1:
Bookshelf 3.1 offers a brand new reading experience for VitalSource Bookshelf users with a more intuitive design and new features to make your mobile experience even better!
• Redesigned from the ground up.
• Improved search functionality.
• Sort and filter your books, notes, highlights and search results to easily find exactly what you need.
• Simple gestural navigation for quick access to your library, current book or even the table of contents, all while reading.
• Industry-leading support for rich, interactive content.
• Raised minimum OS version to 7.0.
Love our improvements? Having trouble with the update? Let us know at email@example.com, @vitalsource on Twitter or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vitalsourcebookshelf.
Please make an update
Anyone who has this app was forced to use it for school I can only presume, but we all know it is miserable. The books have been transformed into horrible table-formatted text boxes that run off the screen in portrait or landscape mode. I have begun not using the app at all but logging into the website and accessing the books via the internet. They look much better, they are far easier to access, and they aren't all that much slower (only because even having downloaded the books to my iPad they load very slowly anyway). PLEASE JUST MAKE THE BOOKS LOOK LIKE THE WEBSITE VERSIONS! I can almost guarantee anyone who needs this app would be willing to allocate more space to book storage if the user experience was better. I have three semesters left of nursing school and a lifetime with these e-books. Please make it worth all the money I payed for them.
Page-turning delay alone warrants one star
Man, I really hoped all these other reviews were just written by intolerant users. In fact, I've only just downloaded it and already I'm annoyed. Each page turn has a roughly five-second delay. If you get impatient and try to scroll more, it'll delay it longer and then scroll a bunch of pages at once.
The one positive aspect of this app is that you can access content offline. But that is the lowest possible bar, as if it didn't even do this then there would be no point in the app whatsoever. If you need offline access to your textbook, get it. But don't expect to be satisfied. Quite the opposite, expect to be frustrated.
Overall, I like the app. Having my books in my pocket is awesome. However, I've noticed highlites don't sync across devices. (i.e. Reading on iPhone and highliting doesn't show up when opening same section on an iPad later on...) One feature I'd really like to see added is the ability to bookmark. Every time I open a book on iPhone or iPad, the book opens to the first page, requiring me to sift through the book to find my place. Overall, I like the app... These improvements would be most welcomed.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 64.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Seller: Vital Source Technologies, Inc.
- © 2014 Vital Source Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.