By VitalSource Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use VitalSource Bookshelf® to download and access VitalSource textbooks on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Read your books online or offline, search across your full library, and create notes and highlights to help you study.
• Download books to your iOS device for easy online or offline reading.
• Simple, user-friendly navigation and a clean reading experience.
• Search inside your current book or across your full library.
• Select text to create notes or highlights from your mobile device.
• Tap to open figures, view captions and pinch to zoom.
• Sync your bookmarks, last page read and all of your notes and highlights between your iOS device and our desktop or web-based Bookshelf apps.
• VitalSource Bookshelf account
• Access to one or more VitalSource textbooks
• iOS 7+
What's New in Version 3.9.6
Fixes a bug on some iOS 8 devices. If you find a bug, have an issue, or have other feedback, please email us: email@example.com
I have used this app off and on for my school books over the last few years. It has come a long way but it still has room for improvement (just like every app).
So far I have not experienced any of the problems reported by other users and have enjoyed using the app to read my textbooks. It has highlighter and note taker features and it's a lot easier to navigate around within the app than it used to be.
I would like to see more functionality for the Apple Pencil in future updates. Being able to highlight or write notes by hand would make it a little more like reading and note taking in a real book. That additional capability would earn this app a five star rating from me. :)
I love being able to take my textbooks with me wherever I go. It is especially helpful when I have a few minutes of down time and I can chunk away at assigned reading. The only improvement I could hope for would be for the read aloud option to be more human-like. I found the speech to text pace and sound incredibly distracting and left me unable to absorb the material being read.
Disappointed in the service
I bought an e-book from Vital Source because they promised that I would be able to read it on my iPad or Kindle. But the only ways to access it is through this app or their website. This is a terrible way to distribute a product. Now I have YET ANOTHER disjointed ebook reader. An ebook needs to be as portable as a paper book. The file formats are standard, let's make them usable. I shouldn't need to "wear different glasses" for each book I read! The reader works ok, but it's not great.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 07, 2017
- Version: 3.9.6
- Size: 106 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Vital Source Technologies, Inc.
- © 2015 VitalSource Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.